Running injuries

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RC Vikings
    Known Heterosexual
    • Nov 2008
    • 8789

    #1

    Running injuries

    It's great to see everyone work on their fitness but I'm a little shocked by the number of running injuries. I wish I could run but because of a knee I tore up skiing in my younger days I'm unable to. Maybe I should be grateful it forced me on to a bike.
    Last edited by RC Vikings; 09-17-2009, 10:05 AM.
  • bluegoose
    7th round draft pick
    • Nov 2008
    • 4121

    #2
    Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    It's get to see everyone work on their fitness but I'm a little shocked by the number of running injuries. I wish I could run but because of a knee I tore up skiing in my younger days I'm unable to. Maybe I should be grateful it forced me on to a bike.
    I was fine this year until I got into marathon training mileage. Thats why i'm thinking the half marathon is the race of the future for me.

    Comment

    • Mr Incredible
      Faded Pre-Madonna
      • Nov 2008
      • 826

      #3
      Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
      I was fine this year until I got into marathon training mileage. Thats why i'm thinking the half marathon is the race of the future for me.
      I had a similar problem last summer. I'm sticking to 10k now.
      This space is available.

      Comment

      • happyone
        Board Bookworm
        • Mar 2009
        • 5398

        #4
        I think this is one of reasons that I "speed" walk. That and I'm too cheap to buy a bike.

        I may be small, but I'm slow.

        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

        Comment

        • RobinFinderson
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 10548

          #5
          I lost a toe nail today. It had been sore for a long time, and looked like a permanent blood blister had formed beneath it. So I clipped it today. Then I noticed that there was still a lot of free nail below the point where I had clipped, so I clipped it a bit shorter. Same thing. Now I could see that the thing was basically hanging on by the cuticle, so I clipped it off. It looks very strange not having a toe nail.

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #6
            An owl attacked me last night in Discovery Park. First it dive bombed me from behind, grazed my scalp. That was scary enough. Then boom, same maneuver but talons struck my scalp. It felt heavy. Minor scalp abrasions.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • All-American
              Right, as Usual
              • Nov 2008
              • 15664

              #7
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              An owl attacked me last night in Discovery Park. First it dive bombed me from behind, grazed my scalp. That was scary enough. Then boom, same maneuver but talons struck my scalp. It felt heavy. Minor scalp abrasions.
              Ouch. Sorry to hear it. Docs say anything about it?
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

              Comment

              • Bo Diddley
                Senior
                • Jul 2012
                • 18789

                #8
                Crazy. Not what I was expecting to read in this thread.

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #9
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  An owl attacked me last night in Discovery Park. First it dive bombed me from behind, grazed my scalp. That was scary enough. Then boom, same maneuver but talons struck my scalp. It felt heavy. Minor scalp abrasions.
                  Hoooo boy!

                  Comment

                  • old_gregg
                    scaly man fish
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 16915

                    #10
                    Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Ouch. Sorry to hear it. Docs say anything about it?
                    what about patent attorneys?
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                    Comment

                    • SteelBlue
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8189

                      #11
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      An owl attacked me last night in Discovery Park. First it dive bombed me from behind, grazed my scalp. That was scary enough. Then boom, same maneuver but talons struck my scalp. It felt heavy. Minor scalp abrasions.
                      A friend of mine got his ass kicked by an owl a few years back. He had gone to bed and heard a noise outside his bedroom door. Went out through his bedroom slider to investigate and got the same treatment you did. He had no idea what it was at first but got a good look at it the second attack. He had a hard time getting back into the house because it attacked every time he made his way to the door. Same as you, he had a bunch of abrasions afterword. He never did figure out what it was protecting and he didn't see it again.

                      Comment

                      Working...