Gonna try a little experiment on being healthy.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mUUser
    Giggity
    • Jul 2009
    • 1142

    #1

    Gonna try a little experiment on being healthy.....

    If you could only give ONE piece of advice to someone who either wants to become healthy, or stay healthy, what would it be?

    The advice has to be specific, and limited to one idea. I'll bet after a couple of days we'd have a pretty solid list going that people could actually use.

    You game?

    I'll start:

    Don't drink your calories.
  • happyone
    Board Bookworm
    • Mar 2009
    • 5398

    #2
    exersize

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #3
      Don't buy $15 worth of candy and put it in your desk drawer.

      Crap, I can't even follow my own advice.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Mrs. Funk
        Lawyer Wannabe
        • Nov 2008
        • 2690

        #4
        Just say no to fingerfood- you lose track quickly.
        "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

        Comment

        • woot
          Resident Science Cop
          • Nov 2008
          • 5531

          #5
          Read "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan (and ignore all the anti-science doublethink and just focus on the general ideas).

          Comment

          • Slim
            Straight Out the Trailer
            • Jul 2009
            • 1007

            #6
            Find a physical activity you enjoy doing and then DO IT.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #7
              Portion control. There are no bad foods. Only bad portions.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • Color Me Badd Fan
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 12519

                #8
                Originally posted by mUUser View Post
                If you could only give ONE piece of advice to someone who either wants to become healthy, or stay healthy, what would it be?

                The advice has to be specific, and limited to one idea. I'll bet after a couple of days we'd have a pretty solid list going that people could actually use.

                You game?

                I'll start:

                Don't drink your calories.
                Super sets and circuit training with moderate weight and taking few or very brief breaks between sets during will whip your body into incredible shape fairly quickly unless you have to lose more than around 25 lbs.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #9
                  Read Intuitive Eating. Then do it.

                  http://www.amazon.com/Intuitive-Eati...0632401&sr=8-1
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Soccermom
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4063

                    #10
                    Make sure to get adequate sleep. My opinion is no less than 6 hours/night.

                    Comment

                    • thesaint258
                      aka Benito Hazard
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 3005

                      #11
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Portion control. There are no bad foods. Only bad portions.
                      Seconded.
                      Not that, sickos.

                      Comment

                      • pelagius
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5288

                        #12
                        Don't wear underarmour ... you will make Steelblue and Landpoke happy.

                        Comment

                        • SteelBlue
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8189

                          #13
                          Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                          Don't wear underarmour ... you will make Steelblue and Landpoke happy.
                          I like underarmour. Just not under cycling shorts.

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
                            Just say no to fingerfood- you lose track quickly.
                            I say anything that you cannot put down inbetween bites is bad.

                            Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
                            Make sure to get adequate sleep. My opinion is no less than 6 hours/night.
                            There is a direct corrolation with obesity and sleeping less than 6 hours. Sleep is a key.


                            I would add don't eat in a car.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • pelagius
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5288

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                              I like underarmour. Just not under cycling shorts.


                              Maybe I misinterpeted.

                              Comment

                              Working...