Best place to buy a treadmill?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ewth8tr
    Reverend of Irreverence
    • Nov 2008
    • 2347

    #1

    Best place to buy a treadmill?

    I am finally in a position where I can afford a treadmill. I really don't like running on treadmills, but I need one to keep up my running in the winter. Where is the best place to get one?
    "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh
  • beelzebabette
    Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
    • Nov 2008
    • 2907

    #2
    I didn't find any better deals than Costco. I got the NordicTrack one, and I like it.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69751

      #3
      I bought a Landice last fall. Cost me a small fortune, but it has a lifetime warranty and it is the top-rated treadmill on most lists. We love it. We bought it at a place on state street in Murray. There were 2-3 fitness equipment stores within a couple of blocks.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Coach McGuirk
        1
        • Nov 2008
        • 12109

        #4
        How much you looking to spend?

        Comment

        • ewth8tr
          Reverend of Irreverence
          • Nov 2008
          • 2347

          #5
          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          How much you looking to spend?
          I can probably go up to around $1200 or so.
          "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I bought a Landice last fall. Cost me a small fortune, but it has a lifetime warranty and it is the top-rated treadmill on most lists. We love it. We bought it at a place on state street in Murray. There were 2-3 fitness equipment stores within a couple of blocks.
            Did you buy it from Champion Fitness?
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #7
              Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
              I can probably go up to around $1200 or so.

              If you can stretch your budget just a bit, you can find a Smooth 6.45M for around $1300-$1400. here is a review, http://www.treadmilladviser.com/smoo...treadmill.html

              What I really like is the warranty which is lifetime motor and frame, 5 years on all other parts including electronics and 2 of those years is in house service.

              Smooth and Sole run neck and neck for best in price range every year. I have used both a Sole(owned) and a Smooth(friends). They are both equally good, but I prefer the looks of the Smooth. If you need to spend less, Sole has had the best treadmill under $1000 for lots of years now, http://www.treadmilladviser.com/trea...nder-1000.html

              That website and this one, http://www.treadmillreview.net/ have lots of good info.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69751

                #8
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                Did you buy it from Champion Fitness?
                Yes.

                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  If you can stretch your budget just a bit, you can find a Smooth 6.45M for around $1300-$1400. here is a review, http://www.treadmilladviser.com/smoo...treadmill.html

                  What I really like is the warranty which is lifetime motor and frame, 5 years on all other parts including electronics and 2 of those years is in house service.

                  Smooth and Sole run neck and neck for best in price range every year. I have used both a Sole(owned) and a Smooth(friends). They are both equally good, but I prefer the looks of the Smooth. If you need to spend less, Sole has had the best treadmill under $1000 for lots of years now, http://www.treadmilladviser.com/trea...nder-1000.html

                  That website and this one, http://www.treadmillreview.net/ have lots of good info.
                  I have never been on a Smooth treadmill, but we have their elliptical. It is high quality. And customer support and service is top notch.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Then you bought it from Vaughn J. Featherstone's nephew.

                    Just thought you'd like to know that.
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    Working...