I am probably too fat for one of those.
Still fat
Collapse
X
-
Tick,
Good for you, brother. Join the CUF fitness craze. I was inspired by ERCougar's weight loss last fall and decided to lose some weight myself. I ended up reaching my goal and I look and feel much better. And my blood pressure is back down to healthy levels. You can do it!!"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
Comment
-
That is one very cool thing about this place. It is a great fitness motivator.Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View PostTick,
Good for you, brother. Join the CUF fitness craze. I was inspired by ERCougar's weight loss last fall and decided to lose some weight myself. I ended up reaching my goal and I look and feel much better. And my blood pressure is back down to healthy levels. You can do it!!sigpic
"Outlined against a blue, gray
October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
Grantland Rice, 1924
Comment
-
When I started walking at 300 lbs, I tried running and just couldn't do it. I started out walking a mile as fast as I could, about 20 minutes, every other day. As I got faster I added days and milage. I really enjoy walking around the neighborhood now. It took a while, but I also lost a lot of weight and have mostly kept it off for 3 yrs.
Good Luck!
I may be small, but I'm slow.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."
Comment
-
When I started out "running", I actually started out with walking. I wasn't ready to jog or run or anything. The first week, I walked 1 mile a day. The second week, I bumped it up to 2 miles a day. The third week, I jogged 1 mile a day. The fourth week, I jogged 2 miles a day. If I felt like I tweaked something or something didn't feel right, I would walk that day. I slowly built myself over a few months.
The last thing you want to do is to be too aggressive (I am not saying you are as your body will tell you what you can take) because the second you try and do too much, your body fails you and you have to sit out a week or more. Not fun. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Comment
-
Just to add to the thoughts of some others -
When I started out I had back problems. The Dr. actually recommended I not start with running due to the jarring nature of it. So I started by walking daily for a mile or two - all the while doing back & core building exercises.
A couple of weeks after walking I moved up to an eliptical at the gym. It allowed me to go faster, increase my cardio, and still not be hard on the joints or back.
I stuck with that for another month, and then moved on to doing part of my workout on the eliptical and finishing on the treatmill jogging.
Now I feel pretty good about the running and have lost some weight. I honestly think the running has dropped me more quickly than any of the other exercising I've done - more than the eliptical, biking, swimming, or weights.
I still don't usually run more than 3 times a week and mix in some weights, biking, and swimming. But it feels great to see gains towards goals, and reading other people's stories here has kept me motivated.
Good luck and keep it up!
Comment
-
I am thinking of starting a blog of sorts just for myself. Recording the exercise that I do, and the things I eat and drink on a daily basis. And the overall mental aspect of what I am going through.
I may post it here or not. It may just be something that I do for me. Public failure sometimes is a pretty good motivator.
Comment
-
I think that's a good idea. I have a little blog that I post my daily runs on, along with whatever else I feel like. It's also a great way to gauge how far you've come when you're down the road a bit.Originally posted by The_Tick View PostI am thinking of starting a blog of sorts just for myself. Recording the exercise that I do, and the things I eat and drink on a daily basis. And the overall mental aspect of what I am going through.
I may post it here or not. It may just be something that I do for me. Public failure sometimes is a pretty good motivator.
Comment
-
A food log is a very good idea. When I stopped keeping mine I put about 30 lbs back on. I am back to writing everything I eat down and have relost about 10 of those lbs.Originally posted by The_Tick View PostI am thinking of starting a blog of sorts just for myself. Recording the exercise that I do, and the things I eat and drink on a daily basis. And the overall mental aspect of what I am going through.
I may post it here or not. It may just be something that I do for me. Public failure sometimes is a pretty good motivator.
I don't know how much you want to lose, but for me the first 50 or so pounds came off a lot quicker (10 - 15 lbs per month ) than the last 85.
I may be small, but I'm slow.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."
Comment
Comment