Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good work, GM!

Comment

• Hit 70 pounds down last week: a little more than 1/2 way to my ultimate goal.

The scale is not rewarding me as highly as it used to, which is expected. As a result, I really have to focus on improved fitness levels and other measurables as the carrot pushing forward.

I will periodically do a 20 minute run on the track as a fitness measuring stick. Since September the distance I run in 20 minutes has increased by 40% (from 1.21 miles to 1.7 miles). I'd like to get to 2 miles by the summer, which seems doable.

In addition, my core strength has really improved, and I'm feeling the change in how I move and react in sports.

On Saturday mornings, I've started to play ultimate frisbee. It's a humbling experience. I put forth a good-faith effort for about 20 minutes before I'm completely gassed and am a real liability. But, it will give me another measuring stick for my overall fitness level, which is a great thing.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• I'm back up to about where I was a year ago. So I'm going to try again to lose those same ten pounds. But this year my goal is to work out at the local YMCA six days a week instead of just three days of weight machines like I did last year. And a similar eating plan, but I'm not going to bother keeping track of it all like last year.

The only serious issue that I still have is that between 3:00 and 6:00 in the afternoon I'm having a hard time avoiding snacks. We're almost rid of the holiday treats around the house and if I can substitute a small vegetable plate or something for snack time it might make all the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
          I'm back up to about where I was a year ago. So I'm going to try again to lose those same ten pounds. But this year my goal is to work out at the local YMCA six days a week instead of just three days of weight machines like I did last year. And a similar eating plan, but I'm not going to bother keeping track of it all like last year.

The only serious issue that I still have is that between 3:00 and 6:00 in the afternoon I'm having a hard time avoiding snacks. We're almost rid of the holiday treats around the house and if I can substitute a small vegetable plate or something for snack time it might make all the difference.
          I've found that a tasty protein bar and a good amount of water have helped me through the afternoon munchies. I personally really like the Costco brand chocolate chip cookie dough bars, but they are sold in a 50/50 pack with the chocolate brownie bars, which are just okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            I've found that a tasty protein bar and a good amount of water have helped me through the afternoon munchies. I personally really like the Costco brand chocolate chip cookie dough bars, but they are sold in a 50/50 pack with the chocolate brownie bars, which are just okay.
            Those protein bars are great for curbing hunger. I eat one every day. I enjoy both flavors you mentioned. My wife is partial to the peanut butter/chocolate flavor. I really liked the cinnamon roll flavor but they discontinued it.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I like those Costco bars too. But my favorite are the One protein cinnamon roll ones.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Great work, GM!

I find when I have the munchies I like to eat fruit.

Comment

• I decided to try out the DietBet game for kicks. I hate to lose enough, that just calling it a bet is enough to keep me on track most months. If I come out ahead in $ and lbs. in the end, it's win-win!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    Great work, GM!

I find when I have the munchies I like to eat fruit.
                    Fruit is great - satisfies the sugar urge and the fiber contributes to fullness.

Comment

• I've already blown it for today. My wife made my absolute favorite cookies - banana chocolate chip - and they're SOOOO good when they're fresh out of the oven. She's sending them to my younger son, so maybe they won't be tempting me for long. Plus they're easier to resist once they're cold.

I think I have a willpower problem.

Comment

• -73 pounds. I'm starting to implement intermittent fasting, although I've had two migraines since I started, so I wonder if I need to modify it a bit. Work has been stressful, so that could definitely be part of the issue.

Comment

-73 pounds. I'm starting to implement intermittent fasting, although I've had two migraines since I started, so I wonder if I need to modify it a bit. Work has been stressful, so that could definitely be part of the issue.
                          Wow! Way to go.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Anyone tried the Built Bar? Keep hearing ads and sports radio guys talking about how awesome they are (I know, I know - what else are their ads going to say?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                Anyone tried the Built Bar? Keep hearing ads and sports radio guys talking about how awesome they are (I know, I know - what else are their ads going to say?)
                                I've had a couple of coworkers over the years who loved them. I never tried them. I like these Nature Valley protein bars from Costco:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X