No announcement yet.

The official diet and nutrition thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm down 34 pounds, and trying to figure out what my goal should really be. At 6'1.5", online calculators say the most I should weigh is 189. I'm not sure if I fit the chart though.

Anyone ever use one of those bod pods or 3D body scanners to get a better reading on your BMI?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I'm down 34 pounds, and trying to figure out what my goal should really be. At 6'1.5", online calculators say the most I should weigh is 189. I'm not sure if I fit the chart though.

Anyone ever use one of those bod pods or 3D body scanners to get a better reading on your BMI?
      34lbs is awesome. nice.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        34lbs is awesome. nice.
        Thanks. Gonna keep going and see where this takes me.

The weird thing is, I never really felt like I was overweight or out of shape. Maybe I just had low standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          I'm down 34 pounds, and trying to figure out what my goal should really be. At 6'1.5", online calculators say the most I should weigh is 189. I'm not sure if I fit the chart though.

Good work. I’ve been on the road for extended vacation/work-from-Airbnb/dropping off the kid at college, so my nutrition has taken a hit, I’m sure, but I’m trying to stay physically active to make up for some of it.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            Good work. I’ve been on the road for extended vacation/work-from-Airbnb/dropping off the kid at college, so my nutrition has taken a hit, I’m sure, but I’m trying to stay physically active to make up for some of it.
            That definitely helps. My Strava account is linked to MyFitnessPal, which helps me to see what kind of a caloric deficit I'm running.

Comment

• Down 35 pounds as of this morning.

I continue to play pickleball for 90 minutes every monday, wednesday, and friday. Otherwise, I jog for 20 minutes 2x per week on an all weather track.

I need to start strength training soon, but it's my very least favorite form of exercise.

Comment

Down 35 pounds as of this morning.

I continue to play pickleball for 90 minutes every monday, wednesday, and friday. Otherwise, I jog for 20 minutes 2x per week on an all weather track.

I need to start strength training soon, but it's my very least favorite form of exercise.

I'm holding right around 35 pounds. Work has been so busy that I don't have time to get as much cardio and lifting in as I'd like, and I'm not restricting as many calories. I'm eating about 1750 per day.

Comment

• We got a pelaton this summer. Great addition to the home gym.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Hit 40 pounds down on Wednesday. I had a 6-day plateau, which drove me crazy. I started some strength training and take my 1-year old out for 2-mile walks at night to keep me from raiding the fridge and help preserve my wife's sanity. I think both helped.

Comment

Hit 40 pounds down on Wednesday. I had a 6-day plateau, which drove me crazy. I started some strength training and take my 1-year old out for 2-mile walks at night to keep me from raiding the fridge and help preserve my wife's sanity. I think both helped.

Bro that's way too light! Time to start bulking up.
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Hit 40 pounds down on Wednesday. I had a 6-day plateau, which drove me crazy. I started some strength training and take my 1-year old out for 2-mile walks at night to keep me from raiding the fridge and help preserve my wife's sanity. I think both helped.
                        Nice!

I'm hovering around 35 pounds down. If I want to go farther, I need to get more serious about caloric intake restriction or up the lifting and cardio. I'm not really in a hurry. The goal I set was 199. Maybe I should give it another concerted push.

Comment

• Bravo, guys. Very impressive.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Since retiring, I'm down 21 lbs. I can now see the scale without bending over I want to lose another 10 or so.

I've increased my walking - I'm up to 7-8 miles a day and I'm not eating all the junk that I used to have at my desk

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
                              Since retiring, I'm down 21 lbs. I can now see the scale without bending over I want to lose another 10 or so.

I've increased my walking - I'm up to 7-8 miles a day and I'm not eating all the junk that I used to have at my desk
                              That's awesome! Sounds like a healthier lifestyle. Keep it up, and keep going.

Comment

• 184 after my walk this morning. I haven't been this light since before my MIL, BIL and Mom passed away in about an 18 mth span - 10 yrs ago. I have a Viet Nam era jungle fatigue blouse that I fits again
                                Last edited by happyone; 09-12-2020, 12:00 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Working...
                                X