Vitamins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #1

    Vitamins

    Since using Fitday I have noticed that I am very deficient in Vitamin D, E and calcium. I don't drink milk or eat much cheese because I am lactose intolerant. There are a few others like manganese or magnesium (don't remember) that I am low in also.

    So I have been taking some performance multi-vitamin from Costco and a calcium one as well. So now, I should be getting at least 100% RDA of all my vitamins and nutrients.

    Do you guys regularly take vitamins?
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic
  • marsupial
    Mississippi Queen
    • Nov 2008
    • 3678

    #2
    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Since using Fitday I have noticed that I am very deficient in Vitamin D, E and calcium. I don't drink milk or eat much cheese because I am lactose intolerant. There are a few others like manganese or magnesium (don't remember) that I am low in also.

    So I have been taking some performance multi-vitamin from Costco and a calcium one as well. So now, I should be getting at least 100% RDA of all my vitamins and nutrients.

    Do you guys regularly take vitamins?
    15 minutes in the sun every day and you should have plenty of vitamin D. Calcium is tough though, unless you want to start adding sardines to your diet.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag

    Comment

    • beelzebabette
      Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
      • Nov 2008
      • 2907

      #3
      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Do you guys regularly take vitamins?
      No, I try to adjust my diet accordingly just because I usually get everything I need and don't want the extra doses of the fat-soluble vitamins. That's a lot easier to do during the summer when I can just step outside for some swiss chard to up my magnesium intake than it is during winter when I have to better plan future shopping visits so I occasionally supplement then, but I'm not a big fan of vitamins. I'm also not allergic to any major food groups, either.

      Comment

      • BigPiney
        Huge Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 12382

        #4
        Originally posted by marsupial View Post
        15 minutes in the sun every day and you should have plenty of vitamin D. Calcium is tough though, unless you want to start adding sardines to your diet.
        Which is why it was weird when my wife just had her blood work done and the the results came back and she was vitamin D deficient. She runs at least 4 times a week outside without sunscreen, so she should be getting it, but for some reason she is not. So she has started taking a supplement.

        Most of of the vitamin D supplements actually are a combo with calcium, which makes sense since you need D to actually use any calcium that you take in.

        Comment

        Working...