• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
    I need some of you guys' motivation.
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    I do too.

I have been really lazy since my last race in May. I have done very little in terms of regular exercise.

Luckily I have super metabolism. Hopefully it never slows down.
    I am typically severely lacking in motivation as well. The only thing that spurs me to action is when there is something I really want to do that is becoming less enjoyable or possible due to my unhealthy habits. This time the kicker was the sore knees after every soccer game. I want to play hard for a few years yet and that wasn't going to be possible at my elevated and increasing weight. Now that I have dropped it is so much more enjoyable. Add in the fact that my dad was diagnosed with diabetes as an adult and I had elevated blood sugar levels my last physical and it was time for a lifestyle change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      Few things in life feel as good as getting in shape. I hope I can make the results last.
      Amen! Congrats and I hope it continues to go well.

Since my last surgery, I've been able to run without too much of an issue. I now do the following every week: run twice (currently somewhere between 4-4.5 miles), do two spin classes (45 min each), do some form of Pilates or power yoga once, do a longer bike ride on the weekend (currently at 35+ miles). Every other week I also find time to swim 2-3 times. Early morning seminary makes it difficult to do this but I've basically given up watching tv (other than while riding the bus) or spending time on any social media (other than CS!). My main goal is to get to running 13 + miles per week and having my long bike ride be between 50-60 miles with the occasional century ride. Baby steps.

I'm still floating around 160 lbs and would prefer to be around 150-155 but I eat however I want which doesn't help with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I'm still floating around 160 lbs and would prefer to be around 150-155 but I eat however I want which doesn't help with that.

Fatty!

Comment

I've believe I've posted several times in this thread in the past few years with different plans. I have always seen decent results for a few weeks an then backslid. I think I'm finally on to a plan that will help me get to a weight I can maintain. I'm rapidly approaching 40, and my metabolism seems to have slowed again accordingly. I have noticed in the past 6 months that when I played soccer my knees really hurt. I was probably well over 210 at that point. My wife was starting a meal plan to lose the weight from her second pregnancy so she offered to double the meal prep so I could participate and I couldn't turn it down. It's a meal plan from this lady:

http://www.cleansimplefoodie.com/

The meal prep is a bit time consuming so I obviously owe a lot of the success to my wife. While the meals aren't what I would like to be eating day in and day out, they are all actually pretty tasty and I don't dread choking them down like I have other meal plans in the past. I typically have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. The plans tell you exactly what to prepare. I haven't been very strict on the workouts, but I typically get one rowing/lifting workout a week, one soccer league game, and at least one Varsity football game to ref. I'm going to try to add in more running/lifting in the next couple weeks.

I'm very pleased with the results so far. I was under 190 for the first time in forever this morning. Target weight is 180. In my soccer game last week I felt faster than I have in about 5 years and my knees had no soreness after. I have been giving myself one large cheat meal per week (and I REALLY go hard on that meal) and it hasn't seemed to slow down my progress. When I get to 180 my plan is to eat normal meals again, but focus on portion control and completely eliminate snacking at work. Then allow myself to party on Saturday. If I start to creep back up I'll obviously have to adjust. My wife has had very good results as well. I believe she's down over 30 pounds and has a target of 10 more. She's also back into crossfit full-time, so she can probably beat me up again.

Few things in life feel as good as getting in shape. I hope I can make the results last.
          Can you give us an idea of what kinds of foods/meals are in the plan? Do you and your wife use the same plan, or did you each order a different one?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            Fatty!

One thing I've found out about myself is that when I start doing more of an endurance based workout regimen, I stop craving a lot of the crappy foods. I think it's mostly because I know if I don't eat well, I'm going to feel like crap during my run or bike ride. I still eat ice cream several nights a week, but I find myself snacking on nuts and vegetables more than when I was more sedentary.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Can you give us an idea of what kinds of foods/meals are in the plan? Do you and your wife use the same plan, or did you each order a different one?
              Clearly you are not committed enough to spend $50. You aren't ready.
              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Clearly you are not committed enough to spend $50. You aren't ready.
                I'm spending a lot of time and energy looking online for a place where I can pirate the meal plans. Only then will I jump in with one foot and give up after 3 days.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I slacked off all summer and gained weight back. I've got my diet going again which is usually four scrambled eggs, a banana, and serving of protein drink for breakfast, a low call soup or salad for lunch, and chicken with veggies for dinner. Also Junkie will probably see me back at the gym in the very near future.

I'm doing a long dirt bike ride in southern Utah next weekend. I'm so out of shape that I'm actually going to dread it.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    It varies quite a bit. For example today for breakfast was homemade granola with almond milk/protein powder and frozen blueberries. Mid-morning snack was a yogurt parfait. Lunch was a chicken/sweet potato/pepper stir fry. Afternoon snack was egg white omelette/toast/peanut butter.

Other breakfasts: Chocolate pumpkin protein shake, bacon/egg/avocado sandwich, cinnamon crepes
                    Other Lunch/Dinners: Asian steak stir fry, stuffed chicken enchilada, spaghetti squash/meatballs, creamy chicken corn chowder, fall maple hash, Thai chicken pizza.

The ingredients are obviously a little different than what you would put in those meals normally. I'm not sure how she defines "clean" ingredients, but that is the focus of her plans. Some of the meals are just as good as an "unclean" meal of the same name. the chicken corn chowder and breakfast sandwiches in particular were awesome. But like I said all of them are pretty tasty and kept me reasonably full. We use the same plan. I believe my wife bought the women's lose and lean fall plan. The first few days I was starving so she started doubling the meat in my lunches/dinners and that has done the trick.

I haven't ever had such good results on any other plan that I was happy to be eating. And I'm not even working out very hard. I expect to do even better when I turn that up a notch.

Comment

• I've wanted to lose ten pounds for the past few years could never quite get there. Happily, my recent accident forced me to have a liquid diet for the first couple of weeks and, voila, ten pounds lost! Similarly, my wife had wanted to shed a like number of pounds, and since she no longer had to cook for me she didn't do anything for herself either. Consequently, we're both at our late 1970s pre-kids, pre-recruiting-dinner weights, and we're staying there. I don't recommend this regimen, but it is very effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        I've wanted to lose ten pounds for the past few years could never quite get there. Happily, my recent accident forced me to have a liquid diet for the first couple of weeks and, voila, ten pounds lost! Similarly, my wife had wanted to shed a like number of pounds, and since she no longer had to cook for me she didn't do anything for herself either. Consequently, we're both at our late 1970s pre-kids, pre-recruiting-dinner weights, and we're staying there. I don't recommend this regimen, but it is very effective.
                        I'm guessing a lot of that weight you lost is muscle, unfortunately.

Comment

"Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Unquestionably from my left arm at the very least. Still, I've been busy walking, a little jogging and some weight work with my other arm and legs, and I've dropped nearly two inches from my waist (erstwhile site of a Ben & Jerry's Tumor), so I've got that going for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              Unquestionably from my left arm at the very least. Still, I've been busy walking, a little jogging and some weight work with my other arm and legs, and I've dropped nearly two inches from my waist (erstwhile site of a Ben & Jerry's Tumor), so I've got that going for me.
                              The most effective exercise for me has been the ice cream pushaway. It's a tough one!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It varies quite a bit. For example today for breakfast was homemade granola with almond milk/protein powder and frozen blueberries. Mid-morning snack was a yogurt parfait. Lunch was a chicken/sweet potato/pepper stir fry. Afternoon snack was egg white omelette/toast/peanut butter.

Other breakfasts: Chocolate pumpkin protein shake, bacon/egg/avocado sandwich, cinnamon crepes
                                Other Lunch/Dinners: Asian steak stir fry, stuffed chicken enchilada, spaghetti squash/meatballs, creamy chicken corn chowder, fall maple hash, Thai chicken pizza.

The ingredients are obviously a little different than what you would put in those meals normally. I'm not sure how she defines "clean" ingredients, but that is the focus of her plans. Some of the meals are just as good as an "unclean" meal of the same name. the chicken corn chowder and breakfast sandwiches in particular were awesome. But like I said all of them are pretty tasty and kept me reasonably full. We use the same plan. I believe my wife bought the women's lose and lean fall plan. The first few days I was starving so she started doubling the meat in my lunches/dinners and that has done the trick.

I haven't ever had such good results on any other plan that I was happy to be eating. And I'm not even working out very hard. I expect to do even better when I turn that up a notch.
                                Chicken Pot Pie today for lunch and it's pretty delicious. This does not taste like diet food.

Comment

Working...
                                X