Post your diet and workout plans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    It isnt your wife you need to trust on this one, amigo.
    You may or may not appreciate this but what little faith she has left in a higher power was used and confirmed to her that this was the right move. Again, I trust my wife.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      You may or may not appreciate this but what little faith she has left in a higher power was used and confirmed to her that this was the right move. Again, I trust my wife.
      Understood, although again, you aren't really trusting your wife in this instance. You are trusting the Higher Power. Maybe I am misunderstanding your intent when you say that you are trusting your wife as it pertains to this surgery.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• BITF's wife is gonna do what she's gonna do and that means she's getting surgery in Mexico. Lay off him. It's not his fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Understood, although again, you aren't really trusting your wife in this instance. You are trusting the Higher Power. Maybe I am misunderstanding your intent when you say that you are trusting your wife as it pertains to this surgery.
          I am trusting in the faith my wife has in a Higher Power since my own faith is pretty nebulous at this point. She is confident which makes me more confident. Much moreso than I was when she first proposed the idea.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I am trusting in the faith my wife has in a Higher Power since my own faith is pretty nebulous at this point. She is confident which makes me more confident. Much moreso than I was when she first proposed the idea.
            So you are also trusting a higher power. Can leave but not leave it alone.
            *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              BITF's wife is gonna do what she's gonna do and that means she's getting surgery in Mexico. Lay off him. It's not his fault.
              I'm not blaming him or anyone else. Please dont put words in my mouth.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                So you are also trusting a higher power. Can leave but not leave it alone.
                I wouldn't expect anything less from you, CJ. Nevermind that the LDS church doesn't corner the market on faith in a higher power. Stick to arguments which include statistics rather than just logic.

Comment

• I'll go ahead and predict right now BITF's wife will have a successful surgery and she will have no regrets.

I know, bold, very bold. It's how I roll.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    I'll go ahead and predict right now BITF's wife will have a successful surgery and she will have no regrets.

I know, bold, very bold. It's how I roll.
                    Thanks. I of course hope for nothing less.

I don't bemoan a single person on here for saying "I'm crazy" for "allowing" my wife to go to Mexico for surgery. Or even those that suggest I should absolutely prohibit her from doing so. Most have added the addendum of a sincere desire to see a positive outcome and I appreciate all of it.

Comment

• I'll update in this thread for anyone interested...

We arrived home tonight with an upright and healthy Mrs BITF. Post-op infections can take time to develop but she is currently feeling great and is excited for her new diet and has had no complications as yet (4 days since surgery). The clinic was beautiful and the staff was thorough and very professional. We stayed just 2 days in Mexico instead of the pre-planned 3 as she felt good enough to travel. We spent a great day at Balboa Park yesterday and did a ton of walking which she insisted upon. We looked at homes in La Jolla and Coronado (dreamed the impossible dream really) and we also caught American Hustle before running off to the airport today.So far so good.

Comment

I'll update in this thread for anyone interested...

We arrived home tonight with an upright and healthy Mrs BITF. Post-op infections can take time to develop but she is currently feeling great and is excited for her new diet and has had no complications as yet (4 days since surgery). The clinic was beautiful and the staff was thorough and very professional. We stayed just 2 days in Mexico instead of the pre-planned 3 as she felt good enough to travel. We spent a great day at Balboa Park yesterday and did a ton of walking which she insisted upon. We looked at homes in La Jolla and Coronado (dreamed the impossible dream really) and we also caught American Hustle before running off to the airport today.So far so good.
                        It's good to hear a positive report. I hope things keep going uphill and that your wife keeps her good attitude.
                        Not that, sickos.

Comment

I'll update in this thread for anyone interested...

Swish!

Good to hear all went well, both because I'm happy for your wife and because it's fun to be right!
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Good news. So question. If the doc is in mexico, who does she follow up with for post-op visits? Is there someone locally?
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              Good news. So question. If the doc is in mexico, who does she follow up with for post-op visits? Is there someone locally?
                              The doctor here in Cottonwood Heights who officially referred her (it was her cousin who actually referred her but coincidentally when my wife notified this doctor here that our insurance could not pay and we would be self-pay he referred her to the same doctor in Mexico).

Thanks guys for the kind words. I think I might have eaten 1 too many tacos al pastor though as I'm having a bit of a green morning.

Comment

• Nice. Was just wondering how that works out.

Also, tacos al pastor :rockon2:
                                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X