The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    I just googled HRITN and didn't find anything, googled "HRITN golf" and this thread was first hit.
    1 Hit Right in the Nuts. This was the green I missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      1 Hit Right in the Nuts. This was the green I missed.
      of course

Comment

• I played 12 holes yesterday after work and 7 holes this morning before i came in. Perhaps the reason I always fall apart on the back 9, is I rarely play 18 holes consecutively. I'm enjoying the longer distance off the tee (averaged 244 since i started tracking it with golfshots, on my iphone, last week). However, I'm consistently just missing the green in the first cut - leading to bad lies and twice behind trees, yesterday. I realized another big difference between my course and Vegas, is I can actually play my ball 90% of the time if I'm not in the fairway; we have actual grass for rough not rocks.

Today I played from the tips and birdied both par 5s, and barely missed an eagle on the second one. But I was pulling all my short irons left leading to bogeys on every other hole.

Today:

Yesterday:

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          I realized another big difference between my course and Vegas, is I can actually play my ball 90% of the time if I'm not in the fairway; we have actual grass for rough not rocks.
          Maybe you should just try staying in the fairway.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Today I played from the tips and birdied both par 5s, and barely missed an eagle on the second one. But I was pulling all my short irons left leading to bogeys on every other hole.
            Looping. Keep on plane.

Playing 18 today at noon. Yahoo...
            Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-16-2012, 09:51 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
              Looping. Keep on plane.

Playing 18 today at noon. Yahoo...
              Agreed. I'm really trying to focus on staying on plane. I know for a fact that is why I've added so much distance recently. Today on the par 5 I should've eagled I went 255 off the tee into the first cut- grrrr. Then went 251 with my 3 wood to 8 feet from the pin. It felt so nice to catch the ball pure, on my second shot. Why can't I do that every time?

Comment

• I am heading out today too. I have my energy drinks, my pain killers and my strong mental attitude.

This could be the day I am back in the 70's.

Comment

• This would be awesome to have in the backyard:

http://www.golf.com/photos/dave-pelz...pelz?hpt=hp_t3
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    This would be awesome to have in the backyard:

http://www.golf.com/photos/dave-pelz...pelz?hpt=hp_t3
                    I wouldn't want it. It would be too embarrassing to have that in my backyard and still be terrible at golf.

Comment

• Art...how do you post your stuff in this thread? I would love to drop my scorecards in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        Art...how do you post your stuff in this thread? I would love to drop my scorecards in here.
                        I will reveal my inner dorkiness....

I pull up goftshots on my computer, take a screenshot, crop it to the right size, save it as a jpeg, import it into photobucket, then post it. You will notice, I don't post the trainwreck rounds I've had with you, or the last time with Donut.

I really like the upgrades golfshots has made this year. The individual club tracking is really cool.

Comment

• Golf Report May 16, 2012.

40+40=80

1 Bird - 10 pars - 7 bogey's -1 D bogey - 27 putts.

This was a really disappointing round, for one reason only. It may have been my best driving round in the last 10 years. Every single hole I'm in the optimum position for scoring off the tee. One through Eighteen - and most of them in the 270+ range. My problem came with the approach shots. For some reason my hands were sweaty and I kept slipping on the grips, causing my shots to drift right. I had several shots from 140 in that should have been lay up pars, but turned into bogey's or good par saves. I'm not really happy with the stock Ping grips - I'll have to see how this trends out.

I tried a new putting technique that really seems to work. I was trying to hold the putter just as lightly as possible, so the head would flow through the ball. I made more lengthy putts today than I've had for a while. If you have putting problems - get a belly putter and hold it loosely.

Chipping with the new Mizuno MP-12r is really fun. It's by far the best wedge I've ever had, and I've got Volkey's in my bag. The driver doing so well is a new driver this year - a Callaway Razor Hawk nuetral with 10* loft. I picked it up in the used bin at Golfsmith for $75. New it was $399, used ones in the bin were $225, but this one had a tag on it for $75, and I held my breath as the guy rang it up and didn't bat an eye. My son took my FT-9 with him to Utah, and although I was a little bummed - now I don't care - I've got the best driver I've ever had.

I really feel as though I'm going to shoot a really low score here soon.
                          Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-17-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• East Bay, two balls on the front 9, ended up exactly bogey.

Started off driving well but bad irons, pulling them and shanked a couple. Then got that straightened out and was money on all my approaches but started hitting my driver out of bounds. It's always something.

Comment

Agreed. I'm really trying to focus on staying on plane. I know for a fact that is why I've added so much distance recently. Today on the par 5 I should've eagled I went 255 off the tee into the first cut- grrrr. Then went 251 with my 3 wood to 8 feet from the pin. It felt so nice to catch the ball pure, on my second shot. Why can't I do that every time?

Was this at Wine Valley? If so, I'm going to need a course report. (I stopped and played 2 holes there in 2010. They gave me a cart and let me play for free. Very cool people and course.)

Check out this nice course...
                              Last edited by clackamascoug; 05-16-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Dang, dang, dang. 38 front 43 back. Three puttd 17 and 18. Close, but no cigar.

Comment

Working...
                                X