Today's update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's update.

So, I sprained my ankle on Saturday and didn't want to do too much on it today during my work out. In fact, I was going to skip the workout altogether, but y'all inspired me with the Fitday stuff. And my ankle was feeling pretty good, so I figured that I would run a couple of miles.

The farthest I have run in 10 years, btw, has been a 5k (3.2 miles).

So I'm running at my normal pace, and I hit 2 miles. And I feel good, so I keep running.

3 miles. Same pace. I'm more tired, but I still feel good, plus a bitchin' Metallica song is on. So I keep running.

4 miles. Same pace. I am pretty tired, but I know I have another mile left in me. Trouble is, I have to cut it off to make it to a party with my friends. So 4 miles it is.

I did not expect to build up my endurance this fast - but a lot of that was because my joints were achy. Without the extra weight, my joints feel great.

Oh, and my post-workout weigh-in told me I have reached a new low. 210.4 pounds. Four-tenths away from a full 40 lost.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    Four-tenths away from a full 40 lost.
    That is just amazing.

Comment

Rock on Niku! Stories like this keep me going, thanks.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Very impressive. Congratulations.
        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

I just found the weight-loss-vs-weight-loss-goal graph on Fitday. I did keep stats on weight (albeit at erratic intervals).

Graph attached. I was worried about losing weight too fast, but thankfully my doctor said it was cool.
          Attached Files

Comment

You've probably heard this a dozen times but I just want to reiterate: once you've reached your goal, you can start eating "normally" again so long as you keep exercising. It really is this simple:

Eating healthy + exercise = weight loss
            Eating healthy + no exercise = weight remains stagnant
            Eating unhealthy + exercise = weight remains stagnant
            Eating unhealthy + no exercise = weight gain

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
              You've probably heard this a dozen times but I just want to reiterate: once you've reached your goal, you can start eating "normally" again so long as you keep exercising. It really is this simple:

Eating healthy + exercise = weight loss
              Eating healthy + no exercise = weight remains stagnant
              Eating unhealthy + exercise = weight remains stagnant
              Eating unhealthy + no exercise = weight gain
              That's the plan - sort of, since "normal" for me was a ton of calories per day. I'm going to ease back into normal foods but keep the exercise level the same.

Comment

Working...
              X