Staying Motivated--New Exercises

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pheidippides
    Liberal Feminazi
    • Nov 2008
    • 14759

    #16
    Originally posted by hostile View Post
    Saw a guy at the gym last night doing the battle ropes and jumping rope. Looked pretty normal except for the fact that he was wearing a full-coverage face mask/respirator. I wonder if he is training as a fireman.

    I think it's Wanderlei Silva that does significant portions of his MMA training with a snorkel on to get his body used to limited oxygen.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

    Comment

    • hostile
      lollygagger
      • Dec 2009
      • 5736

      #17
      Originally posted by nikuman View Post
      I think it's Wanderlei Silva that does significant portions of his MMA training with a snorkel on to get his body used to limited oxygen.
      That makes sense. Similar to North Shore lifeguards sprinting underwater carrying a 50 pound hunk of lava.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

      "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

      Comment

      • wally
        <><><><><><><><>
        • Jun 2010
        • 4137

        #18
        Originally posted by hostile View Post
        Saw a guy at the gym last night doing the battle ropes and jumping rope. Looked pretty normal except for the fact that he was wearing a full-coverage face mask/respirator. I wonder if he is training as a fireman.

        I posted about this once:



        I might try jogging with my 5 YO on my shoulders holding a pillow over my face.

        Comment

        Working...