hCG Diet and Colon Cleansing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SuperGabers
    aka... UtahDan's Wifey
    • May 2009
    • 2182

    #1

    hCG Diet and Colon Cleansing

    So tell me. Too good to be true? My sister took the hCG droplets and followed the dieting guidelines and lost a bunch of weight. However, after hearing what the dieting guidelines were, I was like, duh! of course you lost weight. The way she explained how the droplets "open your fat cells" so you burn fat seems a little too unbelievable.
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #2
    Uh huh.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

    Comment

    • CardiacCoug
      вот так штука
      • Nov 2008
      • 11013

      #3
      Within a week last fall I saw 2 young women with deep venous thrombosis who had been injecting themselves with HCG in the legs and abdomen and a man with prior bypass surgery who had clotted off a vein bypass graft about a week after taking HCG drops. No proof there, but I would be careful.

      It's on the list of banned substances for the Olympics and Major League Baseball. Pregnancy is known to make the blood more likely to clot, which is fine if you're going to deliver a baby, but not so great for middle-aged people, when the risk for stroke, heart attack, venous thrombosis, etc. is higher.

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #4
        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        Uh huh.
        and tanning beds cure migraines, right?

        Comment

        • Mrs. Funk
          Lawyer Wannabe
          • Nov 2008
          • 2690

          #5
          Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
          So tell me. Too good to be true? My sister took the hCG droplets and followed the dieting guidelines and lost a bunch of weight. However, after hearing what the dieting guidelines were, I was like, duh! of course you lost weight. The way she explained how the droplets "open your fat cells" so you burn fat seems a little too unbelievable.
          Eating 500 calories per day (which the hCG prescribes) is nigh unto starvation. Of course you lose weight. My mom did the hCG madness and lost about 18 pounds in 5 weeks. She then gained it all back, plus 10 more. Oh, in about the course of another 5 weeks.
          "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

          Comment

          • pellegrino
            miserere me
            • Jan 2009
            • 12100

            #6
            that's interesting, I have a few friends who have used this with great success. They knew that they would be susceptible to gain the weight back so they made life changes and began to eat healthier and exercise. They didn't suffer any health issues while they were on it and have been very healthy since. I don't think I ever knew that hcg caused clotting.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

            pelagius

            Comment

            • Blueintheface
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 15382

              #7
              My wife and I have an appointment on Friday and hope to start next week. My neighbor, a former Ute footballer, just lost 70+ lbs on the diet. My wife's a nurse and I'm Type II diabetic and on insulin so we're used to injections. I've heard good things and hope to lose some fair amount. I'll update my progress if it helps anyone else to decide.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #8
                there is literally zero clinical evidence promoting hcg as a weight loss aid... 500 calories a day is dangerous, but obviously running that kind of deficit will lead to rapid weight loss.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • Lost Student
                  BAND!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4324

                  #9
                  I don't know about the hCG Diet but I had a good colon cleansing this afternoon at work thanks to my Qdoba burrito yesterday. Luckily no one from my office came into the bathroom after I began treatment because it was RANK but I probably lost about 3/4 a pound in ten minutes. Best diet plan out there.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                  Comment

                  • SuperGabers
                    aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                    • May 2009
                    • 2182

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                    I don't know about the hCG Diet but I had a good colon cleansing this afternoon at work thanks to my Qdoba burrito yesterday. Luckily no one from my office came into the bathroom after I began treatment because it was RANK but I probably lost about 3/4 a pound in ten minutes. Best diet plan out there.


                    AWESOME!

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #11
                      I'm convinced that there is no shortcut to weightloss - it requires time, patience and diligence, no matter what method is used.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #12
                        Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                        I'm convinced that there is no shortcut to weightloss - it requires time, patience and diligence.
                        Sounds like the Michael Bolton diet plan.

                        Comment

                        • UteStar
                          Sexiest Poster in Town
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 2419

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          Sounds like the Michael Bolton diet plan.

                          It would be if it also included some tenderness.

                          Comment

                          • San Juan Sun
                            Kicked to the curb
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 9214

                            #14
                            Beta-HCG is a scam. There's no evidence at all to support it's use medically. (an interesting side note: the makers of these scams label this stuff as "homeopathic", which avoids regulation by the FDA. They can call themselves homeopathic based upon the diluted nature of what's actually in the bottle. In essence, there may be very little to none of the substance of what they're purportedly selling.)
                            "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                            - Ty Cobb

                            Comment

                            • Sizzle
                              #ThisIsY
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 9004

                              #15
                              Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                              I'm convinced that there is no shortcut to weightloss - it requires time, patience and diligence, no matter what method is used.
                              +234523454321223457543245689975.

                              It also scares me that my wife had two members of her family do it and both ended up having cancer shortly after. Coincidence? Maybe. But injecting anything to get around the only true way of losing weight like Niku mentioned just doesnt work long term.

                              Comment

                              Working...