Been dealing with what I believe is a Sciatic

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hostile
    lollygagger
    • Dec 2009
    • 5736

    #16
    Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem, but then again, be careful. It was pulled due to cardiovascular issues. Hope you don't have heart problems.

    As an aside, my pet peeve is chronic narcotics for chronic pain. This is how we've been turned into a nation of prescription drug addicts (not that you are). If it were me, I'd go see a good physiatrist (PM&R). They do a residency in Physical medicine and Rehabilitation. I've seen a few of these guys work wonders without narcotics.
    Agree. Speaking from experience (as a patient and physician) avoiding narcotics for inflammatory pain will be in your best interest in the long term. Severe pain may require narcotics but I try to get people transitioned to NSAIDS as soon as possible. There are several non-operative (PM&R) spine physicians in the SLC area who do a good job of managing sciatica and back pain with injections/therapy.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

    Comment

    • byu71
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22070

      #17
      Originally posted by hostile View Post
      Agree. Speaking from experience (as a patient and physician) avoiding narcotics for inflammatory pain will be in your best interest in the long term. Severe pain may require narcotics but I try to get people transitioned to NSAIDS as soon as possible. There are several non-operative (PM&R) spine physicians in the SLC area who do a good job of managing sciatica and back pain with injections/therapy.
      I will probably ask you for those names in January. Does insurance usually cover this kind of thing?

      Comment

      • hostile
        lollygagger
        • Dec 2009
        • 5736

        #18
        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        I will probably ask you for those names in January. Does insurance usually cover this kind of thing?
        Insurance should cover most everything involved - therapy, injections, MRI.
        Let me know.
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

        "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

        Comment

        Working...