Do you exercise when you're sick?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wally
    <><><><><><><><>
    • Jun 2010
    • 4137

    #1

    Do you exercise when you're sick?

    I have a head cold, but want to pump iron. Will it make me weaker or stronger?
  • Slim
    Straight Out the Trailer
    • Jul 2009
    • 1007

    #2
    I exercise when I'm sick. I usually can't do as much though. If it is just a cold I'd go for it.

    Comment

    • Jacob
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 6801

      #3
      Originally posted by wally View Post
      I have a head cold, but want to pump iron. Will it make me weaker or stronger?
      Do it. Sweat out that sickness. I'm sure that won't really work, but it's what I like to tell myself. And I don't see how it could make you weaker as long as you are giving your body plenty of rest to recover from the cold.

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #4
        On the flip side, it is always annoying to be at the gym next to that guy who is hacking and coughing his germs all over the place. Gross. If you go, be considerate of those that may not want your cold.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • falafel
          loves to talk on things
          • Mar 2009
          • 37987

          #5
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          On the flip side, it is always annoying to be at the gym next to that guy who is hacking and coughing his germs all over the place. Gross. If you go, be considerate of those that may not want your cold.
          But its not quite as bad if the the sick person is a hot mamma with LOVE PINK across her ass.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

          Dig your own grave, and save!

          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • UtahDan
            *
            • Nov 2008
            • 14496

            #6
            My doc told me that only a fever or diarrhea should stop me from exercising. He didn't mention laziness, which is the real disease from which I suffer.

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #7
              Originally posted by falafel View Post
              But its not quite as bad if the the sick person is a hot mamma with LOVE PINK across her ass.
              No, it is still bad. germs are germs.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • falafel
                loves to talk on things
                • Mar 2009
                • 37987

                #8
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                No, it is still bad. germs are germs.
                I was under the impression recently that germs were not, in fact, germs. So I appreciate the clarification.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                Dig your own grave, and save!

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #9
                  Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I was under the impression recently that germs were not, in fact, germs. So I appreciate the clarification.
                  No need to thank me. If it were only recently that you were under this impression then you already knew at one point.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • wally
                    <><><><><><><><>
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 4137

                    #10
                    That does it! I'm off to pump iron!!!

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37987

                      #11
                      Originally posted by wally View Post
                      That does it! I'm off to pump iron!!!

                      That guy's name is Iron?

                      btw, I can see why you're eager to get going.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • RC Vikings
                        Known Heterosexual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8789

                        #12
                        I've heard it's okay to exercise with a cold but stay down if it's the flu.

                        Comment

                        • wally
                          <><><><><><><><>
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 4137

                          #13
                          Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          That guy's name is Iron?

                          btw, I can see why you're eager to get going.
                          Can you not see the eyebrows.... that guy's name just might be wally.

                          Comment

                          • beefytee
                            Board eye candy
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 7542

                            #14

                            Comment

                            • old_gregg
                              scaly man fish
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 16915

                              #15
                              Falafel is freaking knocking it out of the park. Epic showing.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment

                              Working...