Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to run Ragnar

In Vegas this weekend? Must be female.

I have some friends doing it that had a team member drop out due to a concussion. If you know anybody who can do it let me know.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Doing my first tomorrow. 7 am start and I am runner 1.

Very excited to finally get one under my belt.

Comment

How is the mileage divided up in these races? What far does a team member typically run?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        How is the mileage divided up in these races? What far does a team member typically run?
        These are the distance for this race: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/sout...a/runner_chart

All the maps are here: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/sout...ia/course_maps

So you can run as little as 13 miles divided up into 3 legs, which is manageable for really anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
          These are the distance for this race: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/sout...a/runner_chart

So you can run as little as 13 miles divided up into 3 legs, which is manageable for really anyone.
          That's got to be a misprint. Runner 3 has a first leg of 34 miles and a total of 38.8. Really? Please tell me that's the one you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
            That's got to be a misprint. Runner 3 has a first leg of 34 miles and a total of 38.8. Really? Please tell me that's the one you are doing.
            hit refresh, somehow it got broken for a sec.

Comment

hit refresh, somehow it got broken for a sec.
              The link was fine when I checked. It just said, and still says, that runner #3 has to run a 34 mile first leg, 4.8 second leg and 0 miles for the third leg.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                The link was fine when I checked. It just said, and still says, that runner #3 has to run a 34 mile first leg, 4.8 second leg and 0 miles for the third leg.
                Sorry, after you go to the page hit refresh there, and then it fixes itself.

Comment

Sorry, after you go to the page hit refresh there, and then it fixes itself.
                  Ah, there it goes. You've got a tough couple of legs.

That looks fun. I've always wanted to do a relay. One of these years we will get around to it.

Comment

How'd you do?! I'm so sorry I didn't know to look for your team while we were there! Did you get Ragnar in your blood? Even recovering from being VERY sick & having a puncture wound in my foot, I was VERY pleased with how I did!!

Comment

Originally posted by risicam View Post
                      How'd you do?! I'm so sorry I didn't know to look for your team while we were there! Did you get Ragnar in your blood? Even recovering from being VERY sick & having a puncture wound in my foot, I was VERY pleased with how I did!!
                      That was a lot of fun.

I started the thing out as the first runner with 29 other teams, and I beat them all to the first exchange. 6:51 pace for the 5 miles.

My next leg it was freaking hot. 95 degrees when they passed it off to me at 4:00 in the afternoon and I ran through the dump that is Lake Elsinore. Went ok for the first 6 or 7 miles, and then I hit the wall for the last 3. Ended up walking a lot. I was severely overheated, but managed to finish the 10 miles in 1:29 (9:00 pace). So brutal. I did pass 44 teams on this leg and was only passed by one guy that had to have been running a 6:20 pace in that heat.

My third leg was not the hardest. Disappointing I know. 3:30 am start in Carlsbad, after 1 hour of sleep, for a 5.7 miles at a 7:25 pace (at least I think, will have to check the watch when I get home). Again I was passed by one team, but managed to pass 14.

My wife of course was awesome. She was the second runner for our team. 5.1 miles (6:45 pace), 9.2 miles(7:35 pace), 7.2 miles (7:32). She was a bit disappointed in her performance. I hate her.

Would easily do one again.

Comment

That was a lot of fun.

I started the thing out as the first runner with 29 other teams, and I beat them all to the first exchange. 6:51 pace for the 5 miles.

My next leg it was freaking hot. 95 degrees when they passed it off to me at 4:00 in the afternoon and I ran through the dump that is Lake Elsinore. Went ok for the first 6 or 7 miles, and then I hit the wall for the last 3. Ended up walking a lot. I was severely overheated, but managed to finish the 10 miles in 1:29 (9:00 pace). So brutal. I did pass 44 teams on this leg and was only passed by one guy that had to have been running a 6:20 pace in that heat.

My third leg was not the hardest. Disappointing I know. 3:30 am start in Carlsbad, after 1 hour of sleep, for a 5.7 miles at a 7:25 pace (at least I think, will have to check the watch when I get home). Again I was passed by one team, but managed to pass 14.

My wife of course was awesome. She was the second runner for our team. 5.1 miles (6:45 pace), 9.2 miles(7:35 pace), 7.2 miles (7:32). She was a bit disappointed in her performance. I hate her.

Would easily do one again.
                        Way to go!! That 10mi by Lake Elsinore was killer. Our runner was really overheated, too!! Sounds like your wife is an amazing runner, as well!

Comment

Doing the Las Vegas Ragnar this weekend. I have the hardest leg, once again. Yeah, you know it.

I'll be doing 26.1 total. I may just run another .1 and call it a marathon.

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/lasvegas/runner_chart

Going to be freaking freezing to start out but shouldn't be too bad after that. Projected to be 28 - 30 degrees at the start line for my wife. Brrr.

Comment

Doing the Las Vegas Ragnar this weekend. I have the hardest leg, once again. Yeah, you know it.

I'll be doing 26.1 total. I may just run another .1 and call it a marathon.

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/lasvegas/runner_chart

Going to be freaking freezing to start out but shouldn't be too bad after that. Projected to be 28 - 30 degrees at the start line for my wife. Brrr.
                            I'll be doing the So Cal Ragnar in April with family in honor of my cousin's recently passed wife. I'll not have the hardest legs, those will go to my cousins that ran XC/track for BYU. It'll be the first race I travel any appreciable distance to run.

Best of luck in your Ragnar. I'll be very interested in reading about your experience.
                            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
                              I'll be doing the So Cal Ragnar in April with family in honor of my cousin's recently passed wife. I'll not have the hardest legs, those will go to my cousins that ran XC/track for BYU. It'll be the first race I travel any appreciable distance to run.

Best of luck in your Ragnar. I'll be very interested in reading about your experience.
                              Did that last year. Was a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X