Crossfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
    I'm married to a crossfitter, so that is categorically untrue!
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Isn't crossfit where people go to have affairs or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by wally View Post
        Isn't crossfit where people go to have affairs or something?
        Have you seen those crossfit boxes? that would be like having an affair in a back alley.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
          I've come around on Crossfit. I like it. I'll probably never do it, but I like it. I think if I did it I would suffer a catastrophic injury within a few weeks (it's not Crossfits fault I can only engage in a 2-3 different movement patterns at this point in my life).

Furthermore, as mormonism is to religion, crossfit is to fitness. For example:

1. Founders that are considered prophetic by members and pretty much crazy by outsiders

2. One true chruch/one true fitness regime.

3. Crossfit costs are the fitness equivalent of a full tithe.

4. Highly centralized/top down authority structure.
          As a lapsed crossfitter who occasionally gets back into it, I agree with the above. Crossfit also has its non-orthodox members and apostates.

I enjoy crossfit for what it does for me. When I am able to schedule my time to be at THE BOX three times a week, it gets me in better shape than anything else I've tried since high school. But as I've said before, I'm not afraid to refuse to do a certain workout if I'm not comfortable with the movements (for example, I rarely do snatch and absolutely refuse to do workouts with excessive reps of snatch for fear of my form breaking down and seriously injuring myself). I also don't buy any of the clothes and pretty much don't participate in the open unless I feel like it. I guess you'd call me a cafeteria crossfitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Have you seen those crossfit boxes?
            probably pretty muscular, i imagine
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by wally View Post
              Isn't crossfit where people go to have affairs or something?
              Another parallel. I'm basically Nibley.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                Pelag is getting anxious about crossfit cuz they're stepping into his territory now in a big way.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/fu...ssfit-training
                If they want to expand crossfit, putting more focus on the power lifting aspect of it seems like a bad idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                  I guess you'd call me a cafeteria crossfitter.
                  There is a crossfit "gym" across the street from the donut shop I like to frequent with the kids. On a Saturday morning, we can watch these insane crossfitters carry sandbags back and forth across the parking lot while we are munching on our maple bars.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• I don't remember if I've already shared this (so I doubt anyone else will, either), but i was running one of those ragnar-type relay races a few years ago and we were in a parking area waiting for our runner to arrive when we noticed a van of crossfitters. When their runner got to his finish line, they handed him a kettle bell, at which time he went into a deep knee squat routine fresh off his uphill run. I couldn't help but be impressed with his athletic fortitude, but I also couldn't help but feel a powerful urge to kill him with his own kettle bell for being the biggest douchebag I'd ever seen.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• So one of my good buddies who lives in Utah is raving about Orange Theory fitness, which I guess it's fairly popular out there. I hadn't heard of it (no locations in Dayton) so he told me about it and I looked at their site. I called him back and asked if he was going with the old Bloodhound Gang trick to try to get chicks. No other explanation for why a dude would want any piece of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        If they want to expand crossfit, putting more focus on the power lifting aspect of it seems like a bad idea.
                        Yohio was trolling me. The article doesn't suggest that; it's really about games or regional athletes. Basically said to do well in the games you have to be an insane combo of strength, metabolic conditioning, and technically proficient oly lifter.

Go watch the last 4 minutes of Ben Smith's 16.2. It really is exactly that.

Comment

• Okay. Here's the one thing that super bugs me about Crossfit. Dropping the bar at the top of the lift.

Comment

Okay. Here's the one thing that super bugs me about Crossfit. Dropping the bar at the top of the lift.
                            But it's so satisfying!

Comment

Okay. Here's the one thing that super bugs me about Crossfit. Dropping the bar at the top of the lift.
                              Oly lifting with heavy weight ... you pretty much have to

Comment

Working...
                              X