Milestone reached.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #1

    Milestone reached.

    Aside from dropping 14lbs in six weeks I reached a milestone today.

    I haven't jogged sinced last summer when I ripped apart my calf muscle. The calf muscle caused me to need knee surgery in Dec.

    I've been scared to start running again since the surgery. Today was the big day. I started out walking and then started jogging figuring I'd do a quarter mile and then walk. The quarter mile came and went. Kept at it until I hit a mile then started walking again.

    Whew, what a relief! I can jog a mile! Granted it was slow but still.....
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #2
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Aside from dropping 14lbs in six weeks I reached a milestone today.

    I haven't jogged sinced last summer when I ripped apart my calf muscle. The calf muscle caused me to need knee surgery in Dec.

    I've been scared to start running again since the surgery. Today was the big day. I started out walking and then started jogging figuring I'd do a quarter mile and then walk. The quarter mile came and went. Kept at it until I hit a mile then started walking again.

    Whew, what a relief! I can jog a mile! Granted it was slow but still.....
    Awesome man. Are you still wearing a brace at all on the knee? I am sure that is scary testing it out again for the first time.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • Shaka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 10450

      #3
      No brace. I have the custom braces for my ACL's but only use them for skiing.

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #4
        Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        Aside from dropping 14lbs in six weeks I reached a milestone today.

        I haven't jogged sinced last summer when I ripped apart my calf muscle. The calf muscle caused me to need knee surgery in Dec.

        I've been scared to start running again since the surgery. Today was the big day. I started out walking and then started jogging figuring I'd do a quarter mile and then walk. The quarter mile came and went. Kept at it until I hit a mile then started walking again.

        Whew, what a relief! I can jog a mile! Granted it was slow but still.....
        Way to go, man. Take it slow and don't hurt yourself, but that's awesome.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        Working...