No announcement yet.

Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Nice! Taking the kids to Warren Miller on Saturday.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• That was awesome. That snow looks amazing.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• lol @2:10...that is ridiculous.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• First Aid Kit song: Awesome. Skiing video: Boring.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Skiing video: Boring.
              :thumbsdown:
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Brighton opens tomorrow! For those of you who are experienced with opening day snow, is this year better than last year? I am planning to go to the Canyons Friday after Thanksgiving for their opening day. Last year it was great to be out on the skis and in the afternoon it got better but in the morning there were like only 3 runs open and it was a bit miserable initially. Can I reasonably expect more terrain to be available this year because Canyons has a bit more snow between the good storm last weekend and the arctic blast that has allowed them to make the fakey-fakey stuff all of last week until the middle of this week? Last year I think it was a bit to warm and with the Canyons being a 1-2000 feet lower than the Cottonwood Canyons resorts it was kind of rough. I really want to get out on the snow so I will be there regardless, much like I expect BYU'71 in the stands in Saturday's game against Savanah State, but I am hoping it will be better than last year. I am hoping some of you more experienced Wasatch Front ski experts can give me a testimony of affirmation of what I want to hear.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• the snow right now is terrible, which is why tomorrow is free at Brighton. if you are already going to be here next week, that is one thing. coming here specifically to ski next week is a terrible idea. And paying anywhere near full price for a lift ticket next week is also a terrible idea, especially since the canyons is like $108 for a full day. have fun!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    Brighton opens tomorrow! For those of you who are experienced with opening day snow, is this year better than last year? I am planning to go to the Canyons Friday after Thanksgiving for their opening day. Last year it was great to be out on the skis and in the afternoon it got better but in the morning there were like only 3 runs open and it was a bit miserable initially. Can I reasonably expect more terrain to be available this year because Canyons has a bit more snow between the good storm last weekend and the arctic blast that has allowed them to make the fakey-fakey stuff all of last week until the middle of this week? Last year I think it was a bit to warm and with the Canyons being a 1-2000 feet lower than the Cottonwood Canyons resorts it was kind of rough. I really want to get out on the snow so I will be there regardless, much like I expect BYU'71 in the stands in Saturday's game against Savanah State, but I am hoping it will be better than last year. I am hoping some of you more experienced Wasatch Front ski experts can give me a testimony of affirmation of what I want to hear.
                    There hasn't been much in the way of natural precipitation. Nevertheless and as you are aware, artificial augmentation can certainly overcome what God/Mother Nature has failed to provide. Most of the snow at this point is man-made. I don't know if I would expect any expanded terrain at any of the local resorts this weekend.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      the snow right now is terrible, which is why tomorrow is free at Brighton. if you are already going to be here next week, that is one thing. coming here specifically to ski next week is a terrible idea. And paying anywhere near full price for a lift ticket next week is also a terrible idea, especially since the canyons is like $108 for a full day. have fun!
                      You are not the expert I am looking for. This thread/your post =Levins thread about smart people/Wuap's post.

But no matter what you say I will be there next Friday!

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                        There hasn't been much in the way of natural precipitation. Nevertheless and as you are aware, artificial augmentation can certainly overcome what God/Mother Nature has failed to provide. Most of the snow at this point is man-made. I don't know if I would expect any expanded terrain at any of the local resorts this weekend.
                        Perhaps the next storm inbound this weekend will make it mo better? My opening day will be the day after Thanksgiving. If this weekend provides another foot of snow that should improve it a bit, right...

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Perhaps the next storm inbound this weekend will make it mo better? My opening day will be the day after Thanksgiving. If this weekend provides another foot of snow that should improve it a bit, right...
                          We can hope!!!

Comment

totally. it is going to be awesome and you are going to get to enjoy some of that world-famous, traditionally-epic Thanksgiving weekend snow!

sigpic

Comment

totally. it is going to be awesome and you are going to get to enjoy some of that world-famous, traditionally-epic Thanksgiving weekend snow!
                              Now that's the spirit!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I predict it will be better than last year and this year they will have 3 lifts open instead of just Saddleback and Meadows. I am going Tombstone on opening day!

IT IS GOING TO BE EPIC!
                                http://www.wasatchsnowforecast.com/

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X