Rowing machine

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RC Vikings
    Known Heterosexual
    • Nov 2008
    • 8789

    #1

    Rowing machine

    Have you ever tried one of these things? Ten minutes on the thing and I'm toast. It's no wonder those guys and girls that row look like they are about to die when they are done with a race.
  • happyone
    Board Bookworm
    • Mar 2009
    • 5398

    #2
    Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Have you ever tried one of these things? Ten minutes on the thing and I'm toast. It's no wonder those guys and girls that row look like they are about to die when they are done with a race.
    I have on once and awhile while at the gym and I agree with you, 10 min and I'm done.

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

    Comment

    • John McClain
      Comfortably Numb
      • Dec 2009
      • 1012

      #3
      Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      Have you ever tried one of these things? Ten minutes on the thing and I'm toast. It's no wonder those guys and girls that row look like they are about to die when they are done with a race.
      A couple of years ago a friend and I decided to row the length of a local lake (Cochiti Lake). We got to the end of the lake where the Rio Grande feeds into it and kept rowing upstream. When we finally got back to the car, my upper back went into spasm and I had to take muscle relaxants and narcotic painkillers to survive. The aftermath was as painful as a bad toothache.
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
      Albert Einstein

      Comment

      • chrisrenrut
        Strikes and Gutters
        • Jul 2009
        • 2299

        #4
        I love rowing machines. Rowing is a great low impact, multi-large muscle group workout. Back, arms, legs all get worked pretty good.

        Like most new excercises, when you first start it is hard since you are using muscles in a different way. After a while, doing a half an hour is no problem, or longer if you can deal with the boredom of staying in one place.

        Proper form is critical. Don't slump forward too much. Use the muscles in your upper back, not your lower back.

        Comment

        Working...