No announcement yet.

Swimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No lane dividers? Wow. Go somewhere else.

I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder injury. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
      No lane dividers? Wow. Go somewhere else.

I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder injury. I wish you a speedy recovery.
      Yeah sometimes it's pretty choppy. Can't beat the price (free). When NYC parks close the pools for the summer I may look into a club in midtown again.

Comment

• I got back in the pool and tried to go for a bit for the first time since I hurt my shoulder. It was REALLY stiff when I started, but loosened up rather quickly and doesn't seem to be any worse for wear. Only went 900 m, but it was in a tiny hotel pool (between 15 and 20 m), so it was rather ridiculous.

Side note: my goggles fog up after about 200 m no matter how tight I wear them. Do I just have a crappy pair or do swimmers use defogger liquid like when you snorkel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
          Do I just have a crappy pair or do swimmers use defogger liquid like when you snorkel?
          It's perspiration. My solution is to lick them once they fog up. Lick them all over and they won't fog again.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            Do I just have a crappy pair?
            Yes.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• So, I swam 1/3 mile this morning. First real swimming since early January. The last three laps, my arms wouldn't finish the full stroke. It's going to take me at least to get back to where I was. Also, it's been long enough now that my muscles are all aching.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                All my pool has is a chest full of little dumbbells the old women use for water aerobics

Hey, I'm one of those old women using the aqua bells! It burns something fierce, especially when you have the very bouyant ones and your water aerobics instructor has you doing underwater arm work for 10 mins straight. Water aerobics still is the best shoulder and arm water workout for me. For lower body, I get a better workout wearing snorkling fins and using a kickboard, but those bells are tortuous. Everyone wants to do Aqua Zumba, but that's like slow dancing with an 80 year old man compared to water aerobics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  but that's like slow dancing with an 80 year old man
                  Do that a lot?
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Do that a lot?
                    She's only have to do it once to draw the comparison, right?
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      I'll leave that for the court to decide.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Great Scott! Subject/verb agreement issues from Donuthole. Surely he's been hacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          Great Scott! Subject/verb agreement issues from Donuthole. Surely he's been hacked.
                          Oh brother.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Oh brother.
                            Lebowski, you want me to send a cease and desist? I'll do it cheap.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Swam a mile tonight. I only planned on 1,000 meters but felt good enough to push it. Hopefully I can final exorcise some demons and actually do okay on the swim in my next tri which is on Labor Day.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• The lifeguard at the YMCA where I swim finished his shift yesterday at 10AM, and got in the pool and started swimming his mile and had a heart attack and died in the pool. He was in his early 50's and in good shape. He was also a really nice guy and was really encouraging. Sometimes he'd come over to my lane and yell me my length-time and tell me to see if I could beat my average. When I'd finish a mile he'd yell "HOT TUB TIME, MAC" from across the pool and send me a long-distance high-five.

I'm going to miss him. This sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X