I'm officially getting nervous

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cowboy
    Homer Weems
    • Dec 2008
    • 5740

    #16
    Great job and a smokin' time. Congrats, nik.

    Edit: BTW, according to McMillan, you are on track for a 3:31 marathon. I really wish I could run it with you, but my wife put the kabosh to another Sunday marathon when I brought it up. She can be such a buzzkill.
    Last edited by cowboy; 10-03-2009, 07:42 AM.
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

    Comment

    • Pheidippides
      Liberal Feminazi
      • Nov 2008
      • 14759

      #17
      Originally posted by cowboy View Post
      Great job and a smokin' time. Congrats, nik.

      Edit: BTW, according to McMillan, you are on track for a 3:31 marathon. I really wish I could run it with you, but my wife put the kabosh to another Sunday marathon when I brought it up. She can be such a buzzkill.
      We should do a saturday one together next year. I'm looking at ToU or St.G, assuming I don't die in January in Houston.

      EDIT: Official results just posted. 21:40. 192 out of 4142 overall, 19th in my age group (out of 210).
      Last edited by Pheidippides; 10-03-2009, 09:28 AM.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

      Comment

      • Teenage Dirtbag
        Since 1971
        • Nov 2008
        • 1096

        #18
        Originally posted by nikuman View Post
        EDIT: Official results just posted. 21:40. 192 out of 4142 overall, 19th in my age group (out of 210).
        That is flat out outstanding. Congratulations.

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #19
          Dude that is awesome!
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • pellegrino
            miserere me
            • Jan 2009
            • 12100

            #20
            Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            Update:

            I just finished the race. Incredible experience - I forgot the thrill (and the pain) of racing. Unofficially (per my Garmin) I ran the thing in 21:39. I think it was probably a second or two faster (or maybe slower) but either way it's a new PB. I'll update with the official one later.

            Things I learned:

            1. People really need to go to their assigned pace zones. Seriously. The first mile was spent weaving in and out of numbskulls who had lined up in the 5:40 pace area but were really closer to a 10:00 pace. Real pain.

            2. My training has had an effect, or my heart is wonky. One of the two. I ran the entire thing with my HR in zone 4 (per the measurements I had a while ago). That can't be right - I would have been anaerobic for a full 21 minutes! - so I suspect that my HR zones are shifting because of my interval training. That's good news.

            3. My wife is going to hate all of you for getting me hooked on this sport again.

            Good luck to all running St.G today!
            Congrats niku, I told you that snorkel would come in handy. I'm glad you did so well, especially given your anxiety prior to the race. Well done!
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

            pelagius

            Comment

            • ERCougar
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10978

              #21
              Nice job, niku. That's a great time!
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

              Comment

              Working...