No announcement yet.

General Upgrades & Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instead of making their dust collection outlet a standard size that will easily connect to shop vac hoses, Dewalt wants everyone to buy their vacuum adapter (available online for between $25-40).

I saw this method of making my own adapter, tried it using an old Sparkling Ice bottle, and it works pretty well for no additional cost:

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Instead of making their dust collection outlet a standard size that will easily connect to shop vac hoses, Dewalt wants everyone to buy their vacuum adapter (available online for between $25-40).

I saw this method of making my own adapter, tried it using an old Sparkling Ice bottle, and it works pretty well for no additional cost:

Lots of 3d-printed adapters out there on etsy, FYI.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Lots of 3d-printed adapters out there on etsy, FYI.
        Sure, but then I'd need access to a 3D printer and the inputs. I already had everything I needed for this solution and it only took a few minutes. The solution isn't as elegant as a 3D print, but, as my grandpa used to say, "It's good enough for who it's for."
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Sure, but then I'd need access to a 3D printer and the inputs. I already had everything I needed for this solution and it only took a few minutes. The solution isn't as elegant as a 3D print, but, as my grandpa used to say, "It's good enough for who it's for."
          Nah, i just meant buy one that someone is selling. Give them your money instead of DeWalt.

https://www.etsy.com/market/dewalt_vacuum_adapter
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Nah, i just meant buy one that someone is selling. Give them your money instead of DeWalt.

https://www.etsy.com/market/dewalt_vacuum_adapter
            Got it. Of course, that would still require more money and waiting time than the solution I employed.
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Got it. Of course, that would still require more money and waiting time than the solution I employed.
              Plus, you get to enjoy a refreshing beverage while you work.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post

Plus, you get to enjoy a refreshing beverage while before you work.
                Fify
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

MDF with 1" x 2" pine drop edge.

Even if we'd removed the outlet instead of just moving it, we would still have an outlet in the island because some genius thought it would be a good idea to lean down every time one wants to reheat something. There is a cubby on the side of the island for the microwave. We moved the microwave to a kitchen counter.

Here's what the countertop looks like after round 2:

20230106_232733.jpg
                  The edges still aren't doing what I want, but they're better than last night.
                  Here's the latest version. We did an "exotic pour" thus time. We mixed up the epoxy, separated it into various containers, colored each container uniquely,and then poured each color back into the big container. Then, without mixing, we poured it out onto the countertop.

20230118_070459.jpg
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• That looks cool.

Comment

• The edges turned out much better thus time.

20230118_071337.jpg

The colors are more subtle, too.

20230118_071356.jpg
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• And bonus: no penis shape.

Looks very nice baldy.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Well done!
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• That is really cool. Total cost?

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              And bonus: no penis shape.

Looks very nice baldy.
                              What are you talking about? It's a veritable orgy of penises:

Countertop.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Paging Dr Rorschach...
                                Bump

Comment

Working...
                                X