Mole problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BYUMizzou
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 400

    #1

    Mole problem

    For the first time ever, I'm having a mole problem this year. Several hundred square feet of the yard on one side of the house is torn up and covered in mole runs and mole hills. It appears an entire colony sprung up over the relatively mild winter.

    Any suggestions for getting rid of them? Researching my options, it looks like I can do poison (looks most promising) or traps. The traps don't look like they'd work very well, especially with the size of the infestation I've got.
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #2
    Flood them out
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • BYUMizzou
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 400

      #3
      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      Flood them out
      Using a garden hose?

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #4
        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        Flood them out
        Dynamite.

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #5
          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Dynamite.
          You use that after the water chases them out of the holes.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #6
            I have a problem with most of the mole at Red Iguana. way overrated. Amarillo is pretty good, though.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69716

              #7
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I have a problem with most of the mole at Red Iguana. way overrated. Amarillo is pretty good, though.
              Agree on the Red Iguana.

              They do a pipian mole at Diego's every now and then that is very tasty. Definitely not a problem.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • UtahDan
                *
                • Nov 2008
                • 14496

                #8
                Put peanut butter on a mouse trap near one of their holes then cover it with a large ceramic pot or bowl so that the trap is dark during the day.

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #9
                  Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                  Using a garden hose?
                  [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lYm0c7gYyU"]Caddy Shack Gopher Scene - YouTube[/nomedia]
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27886

                    #10
                    Use one of the smoke things. They never work but they are fun.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • Katy Lied
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 9435

                      #11
                      Once you kill a critter in its tunnel, just bury the body there. As a warning to the other moles.

                      Also, look to your neighbor. No sense clearing out the moles when your neighbor doesn't get rid of his. They'll just reinfect.

                      Comment

                      • Joe Public
                        8.1 YPC
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 8530

                        #12
                        Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                        For the first time ever, I'm having a mole problem this year. Several hundred square feet of the yard on one side of the house is torn up and covered in mole runs and mole hills. It appears an entire colony sprung up over the relatively mild winter.

                        Any suggestions for getting rid of them? Researching my options, it looks like I can do poison (looks most promising) or traps. The traps don't look like they'd work very well, especially with the size of the infestation I've got.
                        Traps.

                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I have a problem with most of the mole at Red Iguana.
                        Did you see Cindy Crawford while you were there?
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                        Comment

                        • Katy Lied
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 9435

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          Did you see Cindy Crawford while you were there?
                          ::snicker:::

                          Comment

                          • Solon
                            Lost in the flood
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5747

                            #14
                            Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                            For the first time ever, I'm having a mole problem this year. Several hundred square feet of the yard on one side of the house is torn up and covered in mole runs and mole hills. It appears an entire colony sprung up over the relatively mild winter.

                            Any suggestions for getting rid of them? Researching my options, it looks like I can do poison (looks most promising) or traps. The traps don't look like they'd work very well, especially with the size of the infestation I've got.
                            Sounds like you're making a mountain out of this.

                            I'd poison.
                            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #15
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              I have a problem with most of the mole at Red Iguana. way overrated. Amarillo is pretty good, though.
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Agree on the Red Iguana.
                              If it's so overrated then why did Guy Fieri say it was 'off the hook?'

                              Comment

                              Working...