Hang something on brick without drilling holes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tim
    Not Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 4390

    #1

    Hang something on brick without drilling holes

    I've been searching online for a way to hang something on brick without drilling a hole into it. We've got a pictureframe that we want to hang over the fireplace, but the only approach I've been able to find online is to drill a brick-specific hook into the facade. I'd rather find something that "clips" onto the brick or uses gravity to hang on to the brick, so that I'm not forced to cut a hole into the brick. Is this advisable? Can any of you point me to such a product?
    Visca Catalunya Lliure
  • FN Phat
    I ♥ gateway sex
    • Feb 2009
    • 8691

    #2
    How heavy is the picture frame? I would most likely set a nail in the mortar joint. That way it is easy to conceal in the future or if it is not in use.
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

    Comment

    • Tim
      Not Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 4390

      #3
      Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      How heavy is the picture frame? I would most likely set a nail in the mortar joint. That way it is easy to conceal in the future or if it is not in use.
      I'm not sure how heavy it is -- no way to weigh it -- but I can tell you that it's 39" wide by 27" tall.
      Visca Catalunya Lliure

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #4
        Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I'm not sure how heavy it is -- no way to weigh it -- but I can tell you that it's 39" wide by 27" tall.
        tv?
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • Uncle Ted
          The Big 12 money shot.
          • Apr 2010
          • 28853

          #5
          I think I saw this on late-night info-commercial or something...





          Claims to support up to 25 pounds.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

          Comment

          • cougjunkie
            *Banned*
            • Nov 2008
            • 23223

            #6
            What about some of that putty stuff you can buy? It claims to hold like 50 pounds.
            *Banned*

            Comment

            • Tim
              Not Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 4390

              #7
              Originally posted by camleish View Post
              tv?
              Picture.
              Visca Catalunya Lliure

              Comment

              • Tim
                Not Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 4390

                #8
                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                I think I saw this on late-night info-commercial or something...





                Claims to support up to 25 pounds.
                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                What about some of that putty stuff you can buy? It claims to hold like 50 pounds.
                Thanks, I'll check those out.
                Visca Catalunya Lliure

                Comment

                • cougjunkie
                  *Banned*
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 23223

                  #9
                  This is similar to the stuff I was talking about:

                  *Banned*

                  Comment

                  • wally
                    <><><><><><><><>
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 4137

                    #10
                    I have used these on CMU (cinderblock) with good success :

                    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/OOK-59251-Assorted-Concrete-Picture/dp/B003WE9XWW%3FSubscriptionId%3D14H876SFAKFS0EHBYQ02 %26tag%3Dhubpages-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165 953%26creativeASIN%3DB003WE9XWW"]Amazon.com: OOK 59251 18 Piece Assorted Concrete and Hard Wall Picture Hanging Kit: Home Improvement@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YmcY7BmTL.@@AMEPARAM@@41YmcY7BmTL[/ame]

                    Comment

                    • Eddie
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 8098

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      I think I saw this on late-night info-commercial or something...





                      Claims to support up to 25 pounds.

                      We've used these to hang stockings over the fireplace for Christmas. They seem pretty sturdy and grip the bricks well. We don't typically hang the stockings when they are full of stuff - but that is more out of concern for the stockings than these clips.

                      It wouldn't surprise me if they hold 25 lbs.
                      Last edited by Eddie; 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM. Reason: dang typo

                      Comment

                      Working...