Caulking: Any Tips?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #16
    Originally posted by Babs View Post
    Yeah, it's easy to rush it your first few times, but that never works well. It comes out way too fast and you end up with a big, disappointing mess.
    Then they leave for 8 weeks because they are no longer satisfied.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #17
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Then they leave for 8 weeks because they are no longer satisfied.
      That was below the belt.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • Sizzle
        #ThisIsY
        • Nov 2008
        • 9004

        #18
        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        That was below the belt.
        That is where most caulking projects are found, correct.

        You really DO need a lot of advice on this subject, it would appear.

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #19
          Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          That is where most caulking projects are found, correct.

          You really DO need a lot of advice on this subject, it would appear.
          I've had caulking on my mind for these last few weeks. Ever since my wife went to Utah and I went to Costa Rica, I knew that when I came home, I'd have to do some. I'm not that good at it though; I don't have enough practice. I was amazed yesterday that even after I stopped squeezing the handle, stuff still kept coming out the tip, and it dripped all over the tub. I used my fingers to try to put a line in it, but it just looks all wrinkled now, like I dribbled caulk all over the place.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • Babs
            Not a Lawyer
            • Nov 2008
            • 17128

            #20
            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            That was below the belt.
            Nah. It would have been if it was anywhere near the mark, though.

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #21
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              I've had caulking on my mind for these last few weeks. Ever since my wife went to Utah and I went to Costa Rica, I knew that when I came home, I'd have to do some. I'm not that good at it though; I don't have enough practice. I was amazed yesterday that even after I stopped squeezing the handle, stuff still kept coming out the tip, and it dripped all over the tub. I used my fingers to try to put a line in it, but it just looks all wrinkled now, like I dribbled caulk all over the place.
              Aaaaaaannddddd.....one step too far....
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • FN Phat
                I ♥ gateway sex
                • Feb 2009
                • 8691

                #22
                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                Aaaaaaannddddd.....one step too far....
                Every single time.
                I'm your huckleberry.


                "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  Aaaaaaannddddd.....one step too far....
                  just one?

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    just one?
                    I work in medicine. My threshhold for too far is alot higher than the average person.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • wuapinmon
                      Soul Plumber
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 30711

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      Aaaaaaannddddd.....one step too far....
                      On my honor, that is a highly-accurate description of what happened; I'm talking about placing a water-proofing substance in the crevices around the edge of my tub and tile.
                      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                      Comment

                      • Sizzle
                        #ThisIsY
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 9004

                        #26
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        On my honor, that is a highly-accurate description of what happened; I'm talking about placing a water-proofing substance in the crevices around the edge of my tub and tile.
                        Wuap, I think we all believe you.

                        Comment

                        • Art Vandelay
                          Striving for mediocrity
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 10516

                          #27
                          Best advice a contractor ever gave me when working with caulk, silicone or similar compounds, wet your finger with windex before touching the stuff. It is amazing, none of it sticks to your finger and it applies to the desired surface quick and easily.

                          Comment

                          • hostile
                            lollygagger
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 5736

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Best advice a contractor ever gave me when working with caulk, silicone or similar compounds, wet your finger with windex before touching the stuff. It is amazing, none of it sticks to your finger and it applies to the desired surface quick and easily.
                            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

                            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

                            Comment

                            Working...