BYU Win Testimony Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #1

    BYU Win Testimony Thread

    I'm home sick today and our ward is half Clemson and half Gamecocks anyway. Please use this space to share testimonies about BYU's win heard today (or in the future) in Fast/Testimony Meeting.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #2
    I am thinking about bearing my testimony of the faithfulness of Donuthole, who left watching the game at halftime to go to a baptism. I told him that his faith would reward the whole fan base, and it did. Maybe I will also share my testimony of being able to prophesy good things that will happen if people follow through.

    There are only a couple of BYU fans in my ward, but I could see a testimony on either A. Forgiveness/atonement or 2. Keeping control of your emotions and following the commandments. Both would use Lagarrette Blount as an example.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • Clark Addison
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 10310

      #3
      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      I'm home sick today and our ward is half Clemson and half Gamecocks anyway. Please use this space to share testimonies about BYU's win heard today (or in the future) in Fast/Testimony Meeting.
      I probably will not bear my testimony about the game, but I am teaching Priesthood, and since I decided to re-watch the game this morning instead of preparing a lesson, I'm pretty sure the game will be referenced.

      Comment

      • BlueHair
        Boom Bitches!!!
        • Nov 2008
        • 2894

        #4
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        I am thinking about bearing my testimony of the faithfulness of Donuthole, who left watching the game at halftime to go to a baptism. I told him that his faith would reward the whole fan base, and it did. Maybe I will also share my testimony of being able to prophesy good things that will happen if people follow through.

        There are only a couple of BYU fans in my ward, but I could see a testimony on either A. Forgiveness/atonement or 2. Keeping control of your emotions and following the commandments. Both would use Lagarrette Blount as an example.
        My sister still hasn't forgiven me for missing my nephews baptism to attend the BYU-Notre Dame game a few years back. I told her it was a dumb time to schedule a baptism. 7:00 PM on a game night.
        Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #5
          My ward disappointed. No BYU testimonies. There was that awkward 2 minutes at about 5 minutes after the hour when I thought I should rectify the situation but didn't.

          But I did talk about the miracle in Dallas with my primary class.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #6
            Very weak open mic meeting today in Eugene. Outside of my favorite regular, I tried to get ldc to talk about BYU or the Ducks. She refused.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • PaloAltoCougar
              Semper infra dignitatem
              • Nov 2008
              • 16938

              #7
              Only one football testimony. Our YM president (an older gentleman) stood up and said the following: "There's a lot of happiness in our home today following an absolutely inspiring, hard-fought football game yesterday in which the best team in the country held on for a win. I'm referring, of course, to The Ohio State University, which I my wife has supported for more than 50 years, and whose victories mean joy in the [name] home. I understand BYU and Utah won this week as well."

              Otherwise, churchy stuff.

              Comment

              • bluegoose
                7th round draft pick
                • Nov 2008
                • 4121

                #8
                Our Sac meeting was saved by the unlikeliest of testimony bearers - a 65 year old lady who is married to, and the mother of, the exact opposite of what you would expect a sports fan to be. I'm certain she was the only person in her house watching the game.

                After praising the Cougs for a great victory, she then explained how much she has disliked the VTing program for her entire adult life, but has actually had a few good experiences lately visiting some ladies in the local nursing home.

                Overall a good showing.

                Comment

                • LA Ute
                  Receiver of Memory
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19512

                  #9
                  We didn't have a single game-related testimony. It's wonderful to live outside Zion.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden


                  "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                  "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                  Comment

                  • FMCoug
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 6825

                    #10
                    Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    We didn't have a single game-related testimony. It's wonderful to live outside Zion.
                    We didn't either. And we are in Utah county.
                    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                    Comment

                    • DU Ute
                      RIP CUF
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 7393

                      #11
                      Nothing from my ward.

                      I actually had someone call me about 20 seconds after BYU's 2nd TD. I thought for sure it was one of my more zoobish friends calling to run their mouth. It was actually someone from the Elders Quorum calling to request my help at a Stake activity next week. Poor guy was probably wondering why no one he called wanted to talk to him.
                      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                      Comment

                      • Tick's wife
                        Junior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 528

                        #12
                        It's a miracle they won! Oklahoma is a tough team. I was surprised.

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #13
                          I went to a baby blessing today and there was a little comment by the Bishop about it before sacrament.

                          Nothing during testimony meeting but one kid did spend about 15 minutes talking about how he worked out yesterday for the first time in 2 years and how his pecs and triceps are still sore, also how he was surprised that he could still put up a ton of weight much more then the average person. Also his wife works out 2 hours a day, everyday. (she didnt look like it).
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • Teenage Dirtbag
                            Since 1971
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 1096

                            #14
                            We were 10 minutes late, as opposed to our usual 5. Ended up on the very back row of the overflow, but was pleasantly surprised to see it was padded chairs. I didn't hear any BYU testimonies, but I was surfing most of the time so I may have missed it.

                            Comment

                            Working...