Missionaries deported from Guyana

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JohnnyLingo
    La Naranja
    • Nov 2008
    • 3976

    #46
    Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
    Are we still talking about you? Why yes we are. No links will be necessary.
    Ah, but threads that are made to become about me are different from threads that are an homage to my feeling of being treated unfairly. Very different. I didn't turn this thread.

    Comment

    • Sizzle
      #ThisIsY
      • Nov 2008
      • 9004

      #47
      Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
      Ah, but threads that are made to become about me are different from threads that are an homage to my feeling of being treated unfairly. Very different. I didn't turn this thread.
      FWIW Lingo I think you may be getting a bit of unfair treatment.

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #48
        Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
        Ah, but threads that are made to become about me are different from threads that are an homage to my feeling of being treated unfairly. Very different. I didn't turn this thread.
        Quit whining, you made it very clear that you were not here to make friends and that the only reason you were here was to be a douche bag. You have succeeded at your goal now quit complaining.
        Last edited by cougjunkie; 09-03-2009, 02:04 PM.
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #49
          Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
          I don't think so. Just be nice to everyone, and avoid the temptation to make every thread you participate in an homage to your feeling of being treated unfairly. Eventually people will treat you fairly, and you will be surprised that it happens faster than you might think.
          Hammer meet nail head. Good post RF
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #50
            For the record, I don't think JohnnyLingo should be banned. I dislike him, a lot, but a fat joke isn't abusive language.

            Lingo,

            Dude........seriously. Your arguments have been tainted by your dislike of me. Step up your game. You're not dumb. The making fun of missionaries comparing themselves to Hyrum and Joseph in Carthage Jail is grounded in the reality of experiences that we all have shared in some way from people who view finding their car keys after prayer on the same level as the Brother of Jarid seeing God's finger.
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #51
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              For the record, I don't think JohnnyLingo should be banned. I dislike him, a lot, but a fat joke isn't abusive language.

              Lingo,

              Dude........seriously. Your arguments have been tainted by your dislike of me. Step up your game. You're not dumb. The making fun of missionaries comparing themselves to Hyrum and Joseph in Carthage Jail is grounded in the reality of experiences that we all have shared in some way from people who view finding their car keys after prayer on the same level as the Brother of Jarid seeing God's finger.
              Jeromy has never claimed to see God's finger.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • Pheidippides
                Liberal Feminazi
                • Nov 2008
                • 14759

                #52
                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                The making fun of missionaries comparing themselves to Hyrum and Joseph in Carthage Jail is grounded in the reality of experiences that we all have shared in some way from people who view finding their car keys after prayer on the same level as the Brother of Jarid seeing God's finger.
                Lol! Nice.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 38003

                  #53
                  Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                  Jeromy has never claimed to see God's finger.
                  Maybe its just that he doesn't want to share such sacred things with an unbeliever.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #54
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Maybe its just that he doesn't want to share such sacred things with an unbeliever.
                    We shared a womb for 9 months and a room for 19 years, so I think he would have told me such a thing.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    Working...