I found this quote last night while studying. I find it comforting and dare I say perplexing.
"On some days we will have cause to remember the unkind treatment he received, the rejection he experienced, and the injustice—oh, the injustice—he endured. When we, too, then face some of that in life, we can remember that Christ was also troubled on every side, but not distressed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed"
My assumption would be that since Christ had never felt any sin to feel the burden of all of it would obviously be an unknown, even a bewildering feeling. This was also the singular instance (that I'm aware of) where he was truly alone without the assistance of the Father. Perhaps I'm making too much of a single adjective, but I find the wording of this quote interesting nonetheless.
Which brings to mind another question, did the Savior possess or even need the Holy Ghost? He promised the comforter to others after he left. Yet we know the HG is a member of the Godhead and from eternity to eternity. His presence was witnessed at Christ's baptism. Was Christ's relationship as the earthly progeny of Heavenly Father so unique that his communications were always direct without the needed assistance of Holy Ghost?
"On some days we will have cause to remember the unkind treatment he received, the rejection he experienced, and the injustice—oh, the injustice—he endured. When we, too, then face some of that in life, we can remember that Christ was also troubled on every side, but not distressed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed"
My assumption would be that since Christ had never felt any sin to feel the burden of all of it would obviously be an unknown, even a bewildering feeling. This was also the singular instance (that I'm aware of) where he was truly alone without the assistance of the Father. Perhaps I'm making too much of a single adjective, but I find the wording of this quote interesting nonetheless.
Which brings to mind another question, did the Savior possess or even need the Holy Ghost? He promised the comforter to others after he left. Yet we know the HG is a member of the Godhead and from eternity to eternity. His presence was witnessed at Christ's baptism. Was Christ's relationship as the earthly progeny of Heavenly Father so unique that his communications were always direct without the needed assistance of Holy Ghost?
Comment