Second advent loonies

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #1

    Second advent loonies

    Do any of you really believe Jesus will descend from the clouds and make his second advent in Harry Truman's home county?

    MikeWaters claims to believe this but I think he's mocking.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift
  • falafel
    loves to talk on things
    • Mar 2009
    • 37996

    #2
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Do any of you really believe Jesus will descend from the clouds and make his second advent in Harry Truman's home county?

    MikeWaters claims to believe this but I think he's mocking.
    So if I answer, I'm a loony, right? I probably won't answer.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    Dig your own grave, and save!

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • RobinFinderson
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 10548

      #3
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      Do any of you really believe Jesus will descend from the clouds and make his second advent in Harry Truman's home county?

      MikeWaters claims to believe this but I think he's mocking.
      Mike undoubtedly believes it, in the most literal sense. He is a mullah at heart, and a true believer.

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16939

        #4
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Do any of you really believe Jesus will descend from the clouds and make his second advent in Harry Truman's home county?

        MikeWaters claims to believe this but I think he's mocking.
        Is a belief in the location of Christ's return significantly more loony than the belief that he rose from the dead?

        Yeah, I know, hook....sinker.

        Comment

        • mUUser
          Giggity
          • Jul 2009
          • 1142

          #5
          My sources have confirmed its truthfulness....and these are VEEERRRY good inside sources.

          Comment

          • OhioBlue
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1129

            #6
            Why not?

            He can come back to Erie Pennsylvania for all I care, riding on the backs of huge pterodactyls. Or maybe he just shows up to SLC first and then rents a SmartCar to drive around the country. This is the son of God after all that we're talking about.

            Comment

            • brother_h8
              Banned
              • Aug 2009
              • 91

              #7
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              Do any of you really believe Jesus will descend from the clouds and make his second advent in Harry Truman's home county?

              MikeWaters claims to believe this but I think he's mocking.
              who is mike waters?

              Why do we care what he thinks?

              and

              Why the hell not, we believe that Jesus rose from the dead.
              We believe that Jesus died for our sins.

              Most of us on this board believe all the things that happened to Joseph Smith.

              Comment

              • RobinFinderson
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 10548

                #8
                The literal belief that Jesus died for our sins, or that he rose from the dead, or that he will eventually come descending down out of the heavens to rule the earth all seem totally nuts to the true nonbeliever. These are the kinds of beliefs that frighten me when I think that the leaders of this nation, the men and women behind the bombs and guns, hold these antiquated notions in the same regard as science, respect for human dignity, and common sense. I have convinced myself that most those political leaders that I respect are clinging to their religions for the sake of tradition and community, and that the literal belief in any of this has no impact on their decision making process.

                Comment

                • LA Ute
                  Receiver of Memory
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19512

                  #9
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Do any of you really believe Jesus will descend from the clouds and make his second advent in Harry Truman's home county?

                  MikeWaters claims to believe this but I think he's mocking.
                  I am hoping he comes first to the largest conference room in your firm's offices. While you are in the middle of deposition there.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden


                  "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                  "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                  Comment

                  • byu71
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22070

                    #10
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Do any of you really believe Jesus will descend from the clouds and make his second advent in Harry Truman's home county?

                    MikeWaters claims to believe this but I think he's mocking.
                    Who said this was going to happen. I need to know this before I can answer. If it is someone I trust, then yes I believe it. Of course if someone I trust when it comes to spiritual things states it will be somewhere else, then I won't believe it.

                    Note: I don't trust you and Finderson when it comes to spiritual matters. I still however like both of you.

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #11
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      Who said this was going to happen. I need to know this before I can answer. If it is someone I trust, then yes I believe it. Of course if someone I trust when it comes to spiritual things states it will be somewhere else, then I won't believe it.

                      Note: I don't trust you and Finderson when it comes to spiritual matters. I still however like both of you.
                      Joseph Smith said it. But the cuf consensus is that prophets sometimes say untrue things.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #12
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Joseph Smith said it. But the cuf consensus is that prophets sometimes say untrue things.
                        I prefer to think they sometimes give their opinions and the opinion turns out to be incorrect. I personally think their opinions are correct more often than incorrect.

                        Comment

                        • il Padrino Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 19161

                          #13
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Do any of you really believe Jesus will descend from the clouds and make his second advent in Harry Truman's home county?

                          MikeWaters claims to believe this but I think he's mocking.
                          What effect does the belief of others have on you? Are you trying to convince us that you're a non-believer or convince yourself?
                          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #14
                            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                            What effect does the belief of others have on you? Are you trying to convince us that you're a non-believer or convince yourself?
                            Most people don't believe Jesus will reappear in a blaze of glory in Independence, MO. It's not hard to do.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • DU Ute
                              RIP CUF
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 7393

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              Most people and Einstein don't believe Jesus will reappear in a blaze of glory in Independence, MO. It's not hard to do.
                              Fixed that for you
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                              Comment

                              Working...