Marriage Challenges

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #1

    Marriage Challenges

    So, today was Ward Conference and the Stake Presidency held a combined Priesthood/RS meeting. The SP conducted the meeting and asked what challenges there were in marriage. People were saying "Finances" and "Nagging," so I leaned over to my wife and said, "I'm going to raise my hand, glare at you, and then say 'infidelity' and see how people react. It took her about 30 seconds of painful laughter stifling to regain her composure since she couldn't flee to go outside as I was blocking her exit from the side pew. When she calmed down, I raised my hand, she flashed a worried look at me, and then when I was called on, I said, "In-----laws." The whole room erupted into laughter and the SP thanked me that someone was honest.

    Good times.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon
  • Rosebud
    sledgirl
    • Jun 2009
    • 1363

    #2
    You're hilarious... gotta love those Sunday group marriage counseling sessions....

    Comment

    • I.J. Reilly
      Nobody's Fool
      • Apr 2009
      • 2949

      #3
      I forgot to give this its proper due when it first came up. Good work. I haven't sat through many of these, mostly b/c I haven't been married all that long, and because I generally try to skip out on the adults only session of Stake Conference. I have, however, been though the whole marriage course that the church put together. For the most part, I actually enjoyed myself.

      Comment

      Working...