Scrying on Temple Square

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sleeping in EQ
    Philosopher of Men
    • Nov 2008
    • 4188

    #16
    Although, come to think of it, if I were President Monson I probably would wait to go scrying on Temple Square until just before the ribbon cutting on the new mall. That would increase traffic flow!
    We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #17
      Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
      http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.js...____&hideNav=1

      Here's an article that should shed light on the Church's official position.

      My favorite quote from the article:
      Many ironies in this article, beginning with the epgraph, taken from a humorous work of fiction. They probably believe Lewis really believed in demons.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #18
        So I have already admitted to being an idiot, but what is scrying?
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #19
          Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
          If I were President Monson, I would spend my lunch hour walking around temple square with a stone and a hat over my face.
          LOL LOL !!!!
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #20
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            So I have already admitted to being an idiot, but what is scrying?
            I don't know what it is either.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • beefytee
              Board eye candy
              • Mar 2009
              • 7542

              #21
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              I don't know what it is either.
              Screaming/crying????

              Comment

              • I.J. Reilly
                Nobody's Fool
                • Apr 2009
                • 2949

                #22
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                So I have already admitted to being an idiot, but what is scrying?
                SU should chide you for your lack of Wikipedia use.

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #23
                  Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  Screaming/crying????
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    Looking for a drunk and disorderly citation?
                    He should be able to "see" the obstacles in his way just fine.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • Jarid in Cedar
                      CS Institutional Memory
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 13234

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                      Should someone be kicked off of temple square for scrying?
                      The church doth protest too much, methinks.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                      -Rick Majerus

                      Comment

                      • DU Ute
                        RIP CUF
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 7393

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        He should be able to "see" the obstacles in his way just fine.
                        [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XtiXiYMS86U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XtiXiYMS86U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                        Comment

                        Working...