So, even though it was unsettled territory, when the Saints entered the Salt Lake Valley in 1847, it belonged to México (with due respect to the Shoshone and Timpanogos tribes). Does anyone know if the original plans by Joseph Smith to go to the "Rocky Mountains" was a plan to abandon the United States for Mexico? I'm curious about any books or articles that may have been written on the subject.
1847 Utah = México
Collapse
X
-
I think the writing was on the wall that Utah (et al) was going to be US territory sooner than later.
-
Well, agreed, but I'd like to see the writing on the pages.Originally posted by Indy Coug View PostI think the writing was on the wall that Utah (et al) was going to be US territory sooner than later."Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon
Comment
Comment