General Conference / Easter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    You wife will be your companion and make you. Sorry.
    You don't know my wife, she is worse than I am with this. She just feels more guilty than I do.

Still probably won't happen.

Comment

• Maybe I do believe in seers.
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Wait, getting interviewed by the bishop quarterly is way worse than what we had before.

Booo!

Comment

• Swish #2
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            You don't know my wife, she is worse than I am with this. She just feels more guilty than I do.

Still probably won't happen.
            Sure you will! All you have to do is "like" all your families facebook posts and text a couple times. Golden!

Comment

• Wait, quarterly interviews? <redacted>

This is worse. This is still reporting and paperwork. This is still hounding someone into a room who doesn't want to get into a room.

This upends the status quo. I'm out of the thread since I'm getting negative.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Wait, getting interviewed by the bishop quarterly is way worse than what we had before.

Booo!
                Hold up. I had a toddler bump her head, so I missed that part. The bishop is interviewing "ministering" companions?

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                  Hold up. I had a toddler bump her head, so I missed that part. The bishop is interviewing "ministering" companions?
                  Probably not just the bishop. But quarterly PPIs. I have no details, but that is how it sounded to me. Probably will be deligated to the EQ and RS.

Comment

Probably not just the bishop. But quarterly PPIs. I have no details, but that is how it sounded to me. Probably will be deligated to the EQ and RS.
                    Yeah, my guess is that quarterly, someone from EQ and RS will contact you and ask how it's going with your families. No biggie.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      Wait, quarterly interviews? <redacted>

This is worse. This is still reporting and paperwork. This is still hounding someone into a room who doesn't want to get into a room.

This upends the status quo. I'm out of the thread since I'm getting negative.
                      Much less reporting, much less paperwork, much less hounding. Much more doing what works and what people really want and need.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        Much less reporting, much less paperwork, much less hounding. Much more doing what works and what people really want and need.
                        Exactly. No, we didn't throw the programs away, but changed them into something much more valuable and relevant.

Comment

• This is fantastic.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• To be honest, I'm not sure I have a great idea as to whether or not the new First Presidency is more progressive or more conservative - but it sure looks like they aren't afraid of change.

Comment

• JL, you're a good dude. I wish you well.

Wuap, please stay in touch.

I'm out of here, and on to my next adventure.

I'll check my mailbox once in a while, in case some of you want to stay in contact.

Take care, everyone.
                              We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• General Conference / Easter 2018

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                To be honest, I'm not sure I have a great idea as to whether or not the new First Presidency is more progressive or more conservative - but it sure looks like they aren't afraid of change.
                                First Asian apostle. First Latin-American apostle. Differences between men's and women's organizations, meetings, and activities addressed.

Whatever direction you think that lies in-- and I think it most accurate to say what they do defies neat and simple description-- they have a lot to do and are wasting no time doing it.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X