But we're the Elders!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bluegoose
    7th round draft pick
    • Nov 2008
    • 4121

    #1

    But we're the Elders!

    I heard a funny story last night involving the Elders in our ward while we were having dinner and FHE with a couple of other families.

    The 16 year old son had been driving the missionaries around today for some shopping and laundry and a bunch of other preparation day activities. One of the Elders remarked to the driver "You are going to be sooo blessed for doing this for us today."

    Moments later, the driver realized that he had missed his turn and was getting ready to turn right onto a side street to turn around. The other Elder in the car looked around and said, "Nobody's looking, just flip around and go for it." So driver does exactly that and moments later is pulled over by the side of the road giving the nice officer his license and registration.

    While the officer was talking to the driver, the first elder, who promised great blessings for his service, leans forward from the back seat and says, "Excuse me officer, I don't know if you had realized or not, but we're the Elders, missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."

    The 16 year old told us last night, "And that is the moment when i think my warning turned into a ticket."
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #2
    Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
    I heard a funny story last night involving the Elders in our ward while we were having dinner and FHE with a couple of other families.

    The 16 year old son had been driving the missionaries around today for some shopping and laundry and a bunch of other preparation day activities. One of the Elders remarked to the driver "You are going to be sooo blessed for doing this for us today."

    Moments later, the driver realized that he had missed his turn and was getting ready to turn right onto a side street to turn around. The other Elder in the car looked around and said, "Nobody's looking, just flip around and go for it." So driver does exactly that and moments later is pulled over by the side of the road giving the nice officer his license and registration.

    While the officer was talking to the driver, the first elder, who promised great blessings for his service, leans forward from the back seat and says, "Excuse me officer, I don't know if you had realized or not, but we're the Elders, missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."

    The 16 year old told us last night, "And that is the moment when i think my warning turned into a ticket."

    LOL, that is really a good one. Are you sure it is true.

    Comment

    • Hallelujah
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 2741

      #3
      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      LOL, that is really a good one. Are you sure it is true.
      No.

      Comment

      • byu71
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 22070

        #4
        Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
        No.
        Who asked you and how would you know?

        Comment

        • venkman
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 2199

          #5
          "I'm kind of a big deal."

          LOL, that's a great story.
          "Remember to double tap"

          Comment

          • CardiacCoug
            вот так штука
            • Nov 2008
            • 11013

            #6
            I got pulled over while driving the missionaries when I lived in St. Louis.

            We had stopped by for a couple of appointments in a really poor, African American neighborhood. People opened the doors for us, but nobody would let us in and I guess the investigators they were supposed to meet weren't home.

            A police officer started following me once we left the neighborhood, he followed me for a couple of blocks and then turned his lights on and I pulled over.

            He asked me what we were doing in that neighborhood. I said these Mormon missionaries were supposed to teach some people there.

            The police officer was actually really nice -- he said that when he sees white people driving through that neighborhood they are usually looking to buy drugs and that we shouldn't go into that neighborhood again.

            Then he let me drive off -- obviously without a ticket or warning since my only offense was DWW in the wrong neighborhood.

            Comment

            • beefytee
              Board eye candy
              • Mar 2009
              • 7542

              #7
              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              I got pulled over while driving the missionaries when I lived in St. Louis.

              We had stopped by for a couple of appointments in a really poor, African American neighborhood. People opened the doors for us, but nobody would let us in and I guess the investigators they were supposed to meet weren't home.

              A police officer started following me once we left the neighborhood, he followed me for a couple of blocks and then turned his lights on and I pulled over.

              He asked me what we were doing in that neighborhood. I said these Mormon missionaries were supposed to teach some people there.

              The police officer was actually really nice -- he said that when he sees white people driving through that neighborhood they are usually looking to buy drugs and that we shouldn't go into that neighborhood again.

              Then he let me drive off -- obviously without a ticket or warning since my only offense was DWW in the wrong neighborhood.
              You got racially profiled?

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #8
                That's a great story, bluegoose.

                A friend of mine served his mission in San Diego. He and his companion were on I-5 and were pulled over for speeding - according to my friend they were doing about 95 (40 over the limit in those days).

                My friend's comp was from Germany. When the patrolman asked to see his license, the guy started speaking in German in an attempt to get out of the ticket. My friend just sat there with a dumb look on his face.

                The patrolman responded by speaking German to the missionary. It turned out that this patrolman was an RM who had served in Germany and had been home for only a couple of years. My friend said the look on his comps face was the funniest thing he had seen in his life.

                The patrolman ended up giving him a ticket, but had reduced the ticket to 20 over the limit instead of 40.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • byu71
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22070

                  #9
                  Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                  That's a great story, bluegoose.

                  A friend of mine served his mission in San Diego. He and his companion were on I-5 and were pulled over for speeding - according to my friend they were doing about 95 (40 over the limit in those days).

                  My friend's comp was from Germany. When the patrolman asked to see his license, the guy started speaking in German in an attempt to get out of the ticket. My friend just sat there with a dumb look on his face.

                  The patrolman responded by speaking German to the missionary. It turned out that this patrolman was an RM who had served in Germany and had been home for only a couple of years. My friend said the look on his comps face was the funniest thing he had seen in his life.

                  The patrolman ended up giving him a ticket, but had reduced the ticket to 20 over the limit instead of 40.

                  Not exactly missionary to missionary, but one time after my mission a buddy and me were coming out of the BB arena at USU. He had gone to I think Taiwan. Two oriental gals were walking in front of us talking Mandarin. After some talking my buddy said something. These gals were suprised and embarassed. Seems they were talking some about some intimate moments with guys and what they enjoyed.

                  Comment

                  • The_Tick
                    Made something of myself
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7291

                    #10
                    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                    That's a great story, bluegoose.

                    A friend of mine served his mission in San Diego. He and his companion were on I-5 and were pulled over for speeding - according to my friend they were doing about 95 (40 over the limit in those days).

                    My friend's comp was from Germany. When the patrolman asked to see his license, the guy started speaking in German in an attempt to get out of the ticket. My friend just sat there with a dumb look on his face.

                    The patrolman responded by speaking German to the missionary. It turned out that this patrolman was an RM who had served in Germany and had been home for only a couple of years. My friend said the look on his comps face was the funniest thing he had seen in his life.

                    The patrolman ended up giving him a ticket, but had reduced the ticket to 20 over the limit instead of 40.
                    I mentioned earlier I served ASL for 9 months.

                    We played the "Deaf" card twice, and it got us out of the ticket both times. I wasn't driving, I just followed his queue. I was Sr. Comp, and he was a greenie, but he said he got out of 3-4 tickets a year being Deaf.

                    Cops don't want to write notes back and forth on the side of the freeway.

                    Comment

                    • Color Me Badd Fan
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 12519

                      #11
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      Not exactly missionary to missionary, but one time after my mission a buddy and me were coming out
                      Kinky!
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                      Comment

                      • bluegoose
                        7th round draft pick
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4121

                        #12
                        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        LOL, that is really a good one. Are you sure it is true.
                        He's a son of a bishop. Its got to be true, right?

                        I'll verify with the Elders this Sunday when I harass them about encouraging the Youth of Zion to break the laws of the land and then to not be accountable for their actions.

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #13
                          In 1996 a mission buddy of mine, quite the innocent guy, came to Atlanta during the Olympics to crash with me. He wanted to see Underground Atlanta, so we went downtown to check it out, even though I told him that it wasn't the nicest place in the city.

                          IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO VULGARITY STOP READING NOW

                          He's never said a cuss word in his life....really......and we're walking along having a discussion about something spiritual from the mission, when two dudes step out of a doorway right in front of us, and one says to the other (paraphrased from my memory):

                          "Did you see that shit, man? That bitch's pussy was like an inch from my mother-fucking face. That's what I'm talking about mother fucker.....let's get the fuck out of here and go get some real pussy."
                          His eyes got as big as eyes can be and I will never forget the sight of him blushing and looking down at the ground. I don't think he had ever heard that coarse of language ever in his life.
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • beelzebabette
                            Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2907

                            #14
                            Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            we're walking along having a discussion about something spiritual from the mission, when two dudes step out of a doorway right in front of us, and one says to the other (paraphrased from my memory):
                            And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a thread killer. Babs, dust off that title. I think we have a contender.

                            Comment

                            • Colly Wolly
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 1824

                              #15
                              Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                              And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a thread killer. Babs, dust off that title. I think we have a contender.
                              Pretty much. I find it best not to read any of his posts within 30 minutes of eating.

                              Comment

                              Working...