The June 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • UVACoug
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 2685

    #151
    Originally posted by Commando View Post
    That is surprising, considering all the crazy unbridled rage and sadness pouring out of you on these issues.
    I'm still confused as to why someone who has never been confused about the "fact" that the Church is a made up fantasy led by immoral people would even need to be excimmunicated? Why would someone ever join the Church with that kind of knowledge?

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #152
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      I grant you my power of attorney to get it done. I'm too busy and don't care.
      Just fill in the blanks, print, sign on the 'x' and mail... You will get my bill later.

      Name: SeattleUte
      DOB: ________________

      Address:
      ________________
      ________________


      Member Records
      50 E North Temple, Room 1372
      Salt Lake City, UT 84150-5310
      United States

      To whom it may concern:


      This letter is my formal resignation from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it is effective immediately. I hereby withdraw my consent to being treated as a member and I withdraw my consent to being subject to church rules, policies, beliefs and 'discipline'. As I am no longer a member, I want my name permanently and completely removed from the membership rolls of the church.

      I have given this matter considerable thought. I understand what you consider the 'seriousness' and the 'consequences' of my actions. I am aware that the church handbook says that my resignation "cancels the effects of baptism and confirmation, withdraws the priesthood held by a male member and revokes temple blessings" I also understand that I will be "readmitted to the church by baptism only after a thorough interview".

      My resignation should be processed immediately, without any 'waiting periods'. I am not going to be dissuaded and I am not going to change my mind.

      I expect this matter to be handled promptly, with respect and with full confidentiality.

      After today, the only contact I want from the church is a single letter of confirmation to let me know that I am no longer listed as a member of the church.

      Faithfully,


      X_________________


      SeattleUte,
      Your most humble servant
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #153
        I want to ask a simple question, in all seriousness. Now doesn't it all come down to whether you support gay marriage and oppose the LDS patriarchy? Indeed, don't recent LDS hierarchy responses to the gay marriage revolution and the rebellion against monotheism's patriarchy cast past LDS church racism in a new light? The LDS racism wasn't an aberration, it was part of a pattern.

        So, what are you going to do about it? What's more important to you? Your LDS loyalty or membership or your Civil Rights convictions (if indeed you have them).

        LAUte, UVA, All-American, seriously, cut the sophistry. Anyone who doesn't denounce the LDS Church right now for its undeviating opposition to social progress has, as far as I'm concerned, made their values completely clear to me, and those values are repugnant to mine.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • UVACoug
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 2685

          #154
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          I want to ask a simple question, in all seriousness. Now doesn't it all come down to whether you support gay marriage and oppose the LDS patriarchy? Indeed, don't recent LDS hierarchy responses to the gay marriage revolution and the rebellion against monotheism's patriarchy cast past LDS church racism in a new light? The LDS racism wasn't an aberration, it was part of a pattern.

          So, what are you going to do about it? What's more important to you? Your LDS loyalty or membership or your Civil Rights convictions (if indeed you have them).

          LAUte, UVA, All-American, seriously, cut the sophistry. Anyone who doesn't denounce the LDS Church right now for its undeviating opposition to social progress has, as far as I'm concerned, made their values completely clear to me, and those values are repugnant to mine.
          Pot ... meet kettle.

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #155
            Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            Just fill in the blanks, print, sign on the 'x' and mail... You will get my bill later.
            Meh. This letter needs some more teeth to it, like a nasty threat of lawsuit or something.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #156
              Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
              Pot ... meet kettle.
              LDS affiliation is a choice.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • All-American
                Right, as Usual
                • Nov 2008
                • 15673

                #157
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                LDS affiliation is a choice.
                A darn good one at that.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #158
                  Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Just fill in the blanks, print, sign on the 'x' and mail... You will get my bill later.
                  I've changed my mind. I want to go out in a blaze of glory like Kate and John
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • SeattleUte
                    Faith crisis consultant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 20837

                    #159
                    Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                    Meh. This letter needs some more teeth to it, like a nasty threat of lawsuit or something.
                    I don't get why it matters if you're a member or not. The question is whether you submit. I don't agree the piece of paper means anything.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                    --Jonathan Swift

                    Comment

                    • SoonerCoug
                      Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4680

                      #160
                      Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      A darn good one at that.
                      Please defend this statement. Explain to us all why it's such a good thing to belong to an aggressively anti-gay, sexist, totalitarian, historically racist religion.
                      That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                      http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                      Comment

                      • Pheidippides
                        Liberal Feminazi
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14759

                        #161
                        Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                        I think it would be hilarious if they went after Brother Jake next.
                        So does he.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                        Comment

                        • Moliere
                          One man.....one pie
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 27893

                          #162
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          I've changed my mind. I want to go out in a blaze of glory like Kate and John
                          People need to care about you first #sjbh
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #163
                            Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            People need to care about you first #sjbh
                            I have to care. That's the first problem.

                            Where is our fearless leader?
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #164
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              I want to ask a simple question, in all seriousness. Now doesn't it all come down to whether you support gay marriage and oppose the LDS patriarchy? Indeed, don't recent LDS hierarchy responses to the gay marriage revolution and the rebellion against monotheism's patriarchy cast past LDS church racism in a new light? The LDS racism wasn't an aberration, it was part of a pattern.

                              So, what are you going to do about it? What's more important to you? Your LDS loyalty or membership or your Civil Rights convictions (if indeed you have them).

                              LAUte, UVA, All-American, seriously, cut the sophistry. Anyone who doesn't denounce the LDS Church right now for its undeviating opposition to social progress has, as far as I'm concerned, made their values completely clear to me, and those values are repugnant to mine.
                              They won't answer you, SU! They're so scared of your inquisition they'll log out for a week just to avoid this thread. So chickenshit.

                              Comment

                              • YOhio
                                Hipster Mode
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 26165

                                #165
                                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                I have to care. That's the first problem.

                                Where is our fearless leader?
                                Lake Powell.

                                Comment

                                Working...