Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    First, you explain the virtue of not knowing it. 30K followers and LDS folks reference her frequently (99% of the time to condemn) in all forms of social media.

You sound like my wife. I am often explaining words and phrases to her. Things like "MILF", "camel toe", etc. that have ... uh ... dubious meanings. Instead of thanking me, she always says, "And why on earth do you know THAT word?"

Remember when we had to explain to Goatnapper'96 what a MILF was? It came about because jay santos said Austin Collie's mom was a MILF.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      I loved how the church statement put white culture in quotes, because it is kind of a made up thing.
      Exactly. "White Culture" is nonsensical. There is American culture, English Culture, Irish culture etc. The reason society speaks of "black culture" is because the slave owners eradicated point of origin.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

First, you explain the virtue of not knowing it. 30K followers and LDS folks reference her frequently (99% of the time to condemn) in all forms of social media.

You sound like my wife. I am often explaining words and phrases to her. Things like "MILF", "camel toe", etc. that have ... uh ... dubious meanings. Instead of thanking me, she always says, "And why on earth do you know THAT word?"
        you had to tell your wife what a milf and cameltoe are? i hope not in the same context?
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Dude, that happens to me all the time! At least you have a built-in excuse because you are a Bishop and thus learn all the youthful slang as you hear confessions. I, on the other hand, have no excuse other than, "Uhh, i learned it on CougarStadium".

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
            Dude, that happens to me all the time! At least you have a built-in excuse because you are a Bishop and thus learn all the youthful slang as you hear confessions. I, on the other hand, have no excuse other than, "Uhh, i learned it on CougarStadium".
            Lol. Or redtube.

Comment

• KUTV news on the whitey wifey:

http://kutv.com/news/local/have-the-...urch-statement

I guess they read CS too!

Interestingly, they name her. Ayla Stewart. Was this common knowledge before? Sheesh, she is taking a big risk.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Saint Dnyaneshwara World Peace Prize to Christofferson
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

KUTV news on the whitey wifey:

Interestingly, they name her. Ayla Stewart. Was this common knowledge before? Sheesh, she is taking a big risk.
                  First, she says that it's a dark day because the LDS Church turned it's back on whites, referencing the church's statement. But then she says she doesn't listen to the church's PR dept, and to get back to her when the First Presidency denounces her views. Which is it?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    First, she says that it's a dark day because the LDS Church turned it's back on whites, referencing the church's statement. But then she says she doesn't listen to the church's PR dept, and to get back to her when the First Presidency denounces her views. Which is it?
                    Overt racists have a tough time with logic.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

KUTV news on the whitey wifey:

Here someone has outed her husband:

Comment

• Prize includes 5.25M Rupees. How much is that? Does that just go to the church?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Prize includes 5.25M Rupees. How much is that? Does that just go to the church?
                          Just over 80k.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Just over 80k.
                            Prosperity Gospel!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• 5.25M Rupees buys a ton. This is a game changer.

zelda.jpg

Comment

• I think the actual prize amount is only 10% of that. The article says "Rs. 5,25,000"

Edit: Just looked into it: "Rs. 5,25,000" means five Lakh and 25,000 rupees. A Lakh is worth 100,000 so the total amount is worth around 8k.

Double Edit:
                                No new shiny wheels for the Avalon this time:
                                The honor also includes a cash award of 525,000 rupees, about $8,000, which Elder Christofferson will be donating to a school for the disabled in India.
                                http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...on-leader.html
                                Last edited by Lost Student; 08-16-2017, 11:59 AM.
                                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Working...
                                X