Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Yeah, JL needs to take the last 5 pages and create a "How Rape Thou Art: Mormonism, BYU and Latter-Day Rape Culture" thread.
    That's funny. Yeah, the last few pages have been nuts.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Good grief. Lighten up, Francis. You throw out a provocatively worded post like that and then get upset if anyone expresses a little surprise?

I hope you have a thicker skin in your professional life.
      I'm fine and I'm not really upset. A point of clarification though: You didn't express "a little surprise." You distorted what I said.

I find that rude, but maybe you were having a bad day. You had been going the rounds with Funk after all.
      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• http://www.sltrib.com/news/5211832-1...with-65m-fraud

New Mormon in the news. And also a good reason to remember that affinity fraud is real. Just because Brother Cheatem had a great idea on his mission that is guaranteed to pay massive dividends is no reason to jump on the ground flooor.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
          http://www.sltrib.com/news/5211832-1...with-65m-fraud

New Mormon in the news. And also a good reason to remember that affinity fraud is real. Just because Brother Cheatem had a great idea on his mission that is guaranteed to pay massive dividends is no reason to jump on the ground flooor.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          Had he not gotten that Eagle Scout he would've only been able to swindle $30 million.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...ol-stopped-him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
              What a horrible story.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• That was a depressing way to start my Monday.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                  University of Arizona coach with Aggie ties is accused of forcing an athlete to have sex? Dog bites man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    University of Arizona coach with Aggie ties is accused of forcing an athlete to have sex? Dog bites man.
                    Long television interview. She sent texts telling she loved him, and he admitted to violating school policy.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      Long television interview. She sent texts telling she loved him, and he admitted to violating school policy.
                      Billable hours all around.
                      We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        Is she saying every time they had sex was a sexual assault? (I don't plan to read the article.)
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Is she saying every time they had sex was a sexual assault? (I don't plan to read the article.)
                          I read the article, but didn't watch the videos. I don't recall whether she stated that every encounter was rape, but the University's policy is similar to statutory rape in that there is a lack of equivalent "negotiating" power such that any sexual activity is wrongful.

Regardless, he physically assaulted her and threatened her life when she tried to end their relationship. Dude needs some serious help.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

WHy?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              I read the article, but didn't watch the videos. I don't recall whether she stated that every encounter was rape, but the University's policy is similar to statutory rape in that there is a lack of equivalent "negotiating" power such that any sexual activity is wrongful.

Regardless, he physically assaulted her and threatened her life when she tried to end their relationship. Dude needs some serious help.
                              One of the videos kind of touches on this. The interviewer asks her about texts and seem to suggest that some of it was consensual. Texts from her saying "I love you" etc. Her response was that how could it be consensual when he is basically forcing her to say stuff like that just to keep him from blowing a gasket.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                                Billable hours all around.
                                You say this like you might think it is a bad thing.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X