• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Home teacher?

No idea. Terrible journalism.
    Its that damned Sheldon Adelson.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So this just happened.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        So this just happened.

ugh
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
          So this just happened.

Wait, weren't the Oregon protestors removed by force?
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Wait, weren't the Oregon protestors removed by force?
            No, they were arrested on the road to town.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              No, they were arrested on the road to town.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

wait how did you not hear about this? the fbi helicopter video was everywhere
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Speaking of Mormons in the news, my wife was just interviewed on the local news as a Mormon voting for Hillary. Don't tell Topper.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    wait how did you not hear about this? the fbi helicopter video was everywhere
                    I guess I'm confused. Isn't arresting someone the same as removing them by force?

Comment

Speaking of Mormons in the news, my wife was just interviewed on the local news as a Mormon voting for Hillary. Don't tell Topper.
                      My wife is voting for Hillary, but she votes in a state where it doesn't matter. So I love a lot of Hillary voters, but can't stand their candidate.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I guess I'm confused. Isn't arresting someone the same as removing them by force?
                        No. You can be removed by force and not be arrested. And you can be arrested without the use of force.

Regardless, they weren't removed from the wildlife refuge they occupied, the place they had holed up with weapons. They were arrested at a road block on the highway after they voluntarily left the refuge.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

No. You can be removed by force and not be arrested. And you can be arrested without the use of force.

Regardless, they weren't removed from the wildlife refuge they occupied, the place they had holed up with weapons. They were arrested at a road block on the highway after they voluntarily left the refuge.
                          I understand the first, but the second seems to assume somebody is going willingly?
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                            I understand the first, but the second seems to assume somebody is going willingly?
                            I don't think just because you don't want to be arrested means that you were necessarily arrested by force.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'll admit that you are correct in your first sentence and that I know very little about the pipeline standoff. But I do remember the Bundy clan not exactly leaving willingly.

https://youtu.be/1sR1hGpZQ5U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Some, including Ammon were arrested by force, on the highway. It's pretty hard to argue against that when one of the people were shot and killed. Where the comparison is appropriate is how the police surrounded the refuge compound after the above event and the people inside were allowed to come surrender under their own circumstances. Even allowing the last holdout to spend 90 on a phone call with a couple conservative radio hosts that did just about everything in their power to push him to shooting himself instead of surrendering. He's probably breathing the biggest sigh of relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X