Clear All

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    That's number three
    I must know what number 2 is!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
      You said you weren't arguing that, but that was exactly what I found ridiculous about the analogy. We can't discuss the effectiveness of a small-penis shoot because I can't conceive of a world where that's a problem. If the world were like that, then like I said, yeah, I think that kind of photo shoot (under a different name, of course) might be effective, but the premise is so far-fetched that the situation sounds absurd, so it's difficult/silly to even say.

The taste question was just an assumption--I just assumed you didn't like it. If I'm wrong, fine--it's not germane to the point.

What I originally objected to was calling it "foolish". I'm not seeing that. No one whose opinion these women care about are going to ever judge them for their participation in this project.

Anyway--difference of opinion. I'll respect yours--I was just surprised by it. Others'? Not so much.
      So I assume this means you are going to opt out of the photo shoot? Damn.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        If ER's out then so am I.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I'm still in!
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            I'm still in!
            I have a feeling HFN will be the Ron Jeremy of small Mormon men penises.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
              I have a feeling HFN will be the Ron Jeremy of small Mormon men penises.
              His balls probably have a sweet Amish beard. Should make the cover.

Comment

I am guessing these women wouldn't be happy to know that 3/4s of this board are sporting wood over these pictures. These women are tore up and hard to look at but I am sure they look better than most of your wives.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I am guessing these women wouldn't be happy to know that 3/4s of this board are sporting wood over these pictures. These women are tore up and hard to look at but I am sure they look better than most of your wives.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                  lol. CJ always delivers.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    This is not erotica.
                    but I don't know that I would classify it as "art" either. The photography, while clear and concise, isn't particularly artistic, nor are the ways in which the models posed.

FTR, I'm not opposed to what they're trying to do, I just don't think they did it very well and I don't know that what they're trying to do can be done well. It is decent photography, but the whole thing is just . . . meh.

(Sorry Mrs Funk, it just doesn't speak to me)
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      They definitely are reclaiming their bodies as something other than an object of lust.
                      I didn't want to say it first. Definitely no lusting here. Mission accomplished I guess.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                        but I don't know that I would classify it as "art" either. The photography, while clear and concise, isn't particularly artistic, nor are the ways in which the models posed.

FTR, I'm not opposed to what they're trying to do, I just don't think they did it very well and I don't know that what they're trying to do can be done well. It is decent photography, but the whole thing is just . . . meh.

(Sorry Mrs Funk, it just doesn't speak to me)
                        I think an artistic critique is a tad different than most of the analysis that's gone on in this thread. I can't say there's anything earth shattering about them. Based on what I've read about the project, simple and natural was kind of the point. Not stylized, just women in their daily environment. I like the objectives behind the project. Artistically, they're not all that remarkable.
                        "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          I didn't want to say it first. Definitely no lusting here. Mission accomplished I guess.

Certainly should've stxuk with the pants protest.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                            Certainly should've stxuk with the pants protest.
                            Yeah, I get the body image stuff and all that, and I definitely wouldn't call this erotica, but it's probably a bit much. If it makes them feel better, whatever.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

OK after skimming through this thread and especially Santos's and CJ's posts I definitely won't click the link.

Comment

This is the female form,
                                A divine nimbus exhales from it from head to foot,
                                It attracts with fierce undeniable attraction,
                                I am drawn by its breath as if I were no more than a helpless
                                vapor, all falls aside but myself and it,
                                Books, art, religion, time, the visible and solid earth, and what was
                                expected of heaven or fear'd of hell, are now consumed,
                                Mad filaments, ungovernable shoots play out of it, the response
                                likewise ungovernable,
                                Hair, bosom, hips, bend of legs, negligent falling hands all dif-
                                fused, mine too diffused,
                                Ebb stung by the flow and flow stung by the ebb, love-flesh swell-
                                ing and deliciously aching,
                                Limitless limpid jets of love hot and enormous, quivering jelly of
                                love, white-blow and delirious juice,
                                Bridegroom night of love working surely and softly into the pros-
                                trate dawn,
                                Undulating into the willing and yielding day,
                                Lost in the cleave of the clasping and sweet-flesh'd day.

This the nucleus—after the child is born of woman, man is born
                                of woman,
                                This the bath of birth, this the merge of small and large, and the
                                outlet again.

Be not ashamed women, your privilege encloses the rest, and is the
                                exit of the rest,
                                You are the gates of the body, and you are the gates of the soul.

The female contains all qualities and tempers them,
                                She is in her place and moves with perfect balance,
                                She is all things duly veil'd, she is both passive and active,
                                She is to conceive daughters as well as sons, and sons as well as
                                daughters.

As I see my soul reflected in Nature,
                                As I see through a mist, One with inexpressible completeness,
                                sanity, beauty,
                                See the bent head and arms folded over the breast, the Female
                                I see.
                                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Working...
                                X