Garment purchasing frequency.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #1

    Garment purchasing frequency.

    I got endowed in 1996 right before my mission. I have only acquired garments on three seperate occasions. Right before my mission; five bottoms in 2001; and a full revamping in 2004 with the exception of the 2001 bottoms. I still have the 2001 bottoms.

    Yes, in 13 years I've probably spent a grand total of $80 or so on underwear. That averages out to around $6 a year. A pretty good return on investment.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
  • RobinFinderson
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 10548

    #2
    I feel sorry for your garments.

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #3
      Seriously gross man.

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #4
        I see why he's such a fan of Color Me Badd, though I think Skid Mark Fan would have been a little more accurate.

        Comment

        • SteelBlue
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8189

          #5
          I am turning 39 in June. I still have one top that I purchased prior to my mission. I know this because it's a scoop neck and that was the last time I ever purchased one. It is nearly as see through as a window these 20 years later. I rarely wear it. Only on those days now and then when I haven't done laundry yet and I can't find any others.

          Comment

          • BlueHair
            Boom Bitches!!!
            • Nov 2008
            • 2894

            #6
            The title of your thread got me thinking. I wonder if rich Mormons only wear their garments once.
            Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

            Comment

            • RobinFinderson
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 10548

              #7
              Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
              The title of your thread got me thinking. I wonder if rich Mormons only wear their garments once.
              Speaking of disposable underwear, when I first arrived in the mission field there was this elder that was getting ready to go home. Over the course of his entire mission he had disposed of his garments per custom, by cutting out the symbols and tossing the rest of the garment. But he had saved the symbols in an ornate little cedar box with a little Chinese character burned into the top. The box was crammed full of these little white flecks of the Lord's belly button lint. I told the fellow that it looked like he had gone through a lot of G's, and he said back that it was the result of 18 months on a bicycle. I wonder what ever happened to that dude, and if he ever had to buy a bigger cedar box.

              Comment

              • RC Vikings
                Known Heterosexual
                • Nov 2008
                • 8789

                #8
                Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                I got endowed in 1996 right before my mission. I have only acquired garments on three seperate occasions. Right before my mission; five bottoms in 2001; and a full revamping in 2004 with the exception of the 2001 bottoms. I still have the 2001 bottoms.

                Yes, in 13 years I've probably spent a grand total of $80 or so on underwear. That averages out to around $6 a year. A pretty good return on investment.
                These truly are "magic underwear".

                Comment

                • The Wankster
                  It's not a tumor......
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 204

                  #9
                  Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  These truly are "magic underwear".
                  That's what I was thinking, something along the lines of *the force must be strong in this one*
                  Let's get on with the gettin' on....

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #10
                    Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                    Speaking of disposable underwear, when I first arrived in the mission field there was this elder that was getting ready to go home. Over the course of his entire mission he had disposed of his garments per custom, by cutting out the symbols and tossing the rest of the garment. But he had saved the symbols in an ornate little cedar box with a little Chinese character burned into the top. The box was crammed full of these little white flecks of the Lord's belly button lint. I told the fellow that it looked like he had gone through a lot of G's, and he said back that it was the result of 18 months on a bicycle. I wonder what ever happened to that dude, and if he ever had to buy a bigger cedar box.
                    Is this fetishization of the garment? I wonder if we'll ever get exotic fabrics like Tencel. If the cedar box had a burned character rather than an inlay character, then he clearly doesn't love the Lord as much as someone who would spend the cash on a classier box.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • Color Me Badd Fan
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 12519

                      #11
                      I have to correct my original post. It had been so long since I last purchased garments (five years ago) that I didn't have a clue on how much they really cost. I posted right before I was about to buy some more. I think I'm probably looking at around $120 over the last 13 years prior to my Friday purchase. Still a pretty good ROI.

                      The garments I bought in 2004 still look pretty good and I was still considering them my new garments. After I bought some new ones on Friday, I began to wonder why I wait so long between purchases.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                      Comment

                      Working...