New LDS Church Website: Mormons and Gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    I'd imagine that is the reason that Steve Young is still in.
    Ha, not quite. Steve is a true believer. The ID guy no longer believes but is still positive towards the church.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      What? Who wouldn't want to replicate the runaway success of the album of the decade!!?!

I've got a feeling that this album will win the Mormon Stories Album of the Year award.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        I've got a feeling that this album will win the Mormon Stories Album of the Year award.
        "I'd like to thank my fellow nominees...Kate Kelly's 'Hear Me Roar' and 'The Spoken Word' by Denver Snuffer."

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Is he still in?
          I know his immediate family quite well, although not him personally as much. Yes, he's in.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          Last edited by LVAllen; 07-02-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            I like their music quite a bit too. We are not alone.
            I wouldn't want a steady diet of it, but I find it a welcome change. Coming from Vegas, it's obviously not part of the British invasion bands, but it kinda has that feel.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Ha, not quite. Steve is a true believer. The ID guy no longer believes but is still positive towards the church.
              He's still in and I don't believe this is correct.

http://www.newnownext.com/imagine-dr...nolds/06/2017/

It sounds as if he is trying to dance around.

Raised in a Mormon family in Las Vegas, Reynolds says he still believes in Mormons and orthodox community, “but I believe we all can be educated on the matter to create positive change.”
              Last edited by Topper; 07-03-2017, 09:16 AM.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                He's still in and I don't believe this is correct.

http://www.newnownext.com/imagine-dr...nolds/06/2017/

It sounds as if he is trying to dance around.

Like I said- putting up a store front. LOOK I'M AWESOME! DON'T BOYCOTT MY BAND, LGBT COMMUNITY!
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• http://www.sltrib.com/home/5472859-1...at-last-minute

I'm assuming that no LDS congregations were allowed to participate in the Freedom Festival due to the churches past participation as an "advocacy group."
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5472859-1...at-last-minute

I'm assuming that no LDS congregations were allowed to participate in the Freedom Festival due to the churches past participation as an "advocacy group."
                    Is the church an advocacy group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is the church an advocacy group?

If you want to claim Encircle is an "advocacy group," absolutely it is one.
                      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Look at the horrible things this organization is looking at doing:

We work to provide a tangible example of what a safe and welcoming home could look like for members of all sexual orientations, gender identities and religious paths. We offer programs and counseling services which will give families tools to make hard and crucial life choices from a place of wisdom and love

We seek to reduce the risk of suicide for LGBTQ youth and prevent youth homelessness by always working towards family reunification, and by providing access to private counseling, support groups, acceptance and love. We want all youth to learn to love themselves.

Encircle coordinates programs, services, and events focused on making the homes, schools, churches and society of Utah more safe and welcoming to LGBTQ members. We work with community leaders to increase cultural competency and forward thinking.
                        https://encircletogether.org/

Look at this horrible therapist that is involved providing counseling services

LISA HANSEN

As a mother/foster mother of seven with a marriage of nearly 40 years, I bring a wealth of experience with family challenges and the realities of what happens in families. As a therapist with many years of experience with LGBTQ/SSA issues, and with a lifetime of activity in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I can help you and your family with understanding, skills and self-acceptance that contribute to relationship strength and family resiliency.
                        No wonder Provo didn't want this group to be part of their Freedom Parade.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Look at the horrible things this organization is looking at doing:

https://encircletogether.org/

Look at this horrible therapist that is involved providing counseling services

No wonder Provo didn't want this group to be part of their Freedom Parade.
                          Next time the Utes finish in 2nd place hopefully they allow them to participate in their parade.

*Banned*

Comment

• Kind of made me chuckle when I saw the Black guy as part of their family, though.
                            hi

Comment

• http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/09/1...-gay-weddings/

1 step forward, 2 or more steps back. This is why when people involved with the LDS church talk about change happening but slowly, there remains skepticism that there is actually meaningful change happening and not just PR.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/09/1...-gay-weddings/

1 step forward, 2 or more steps back. This is why when people involved with the LDS church talk about change happening but slowly, there remains skepticism that there is actually meaningful change happening and not just PR.
                                That's a pretty poor example of your point.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X