New LDS Church Website: Mormons and Gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    While yours is perhaps technically correct, I believe the widely accepted spelling is bullshit. This is perhaps my favorite expletive, though as a worker of livestock I have many in my vocabulary. Still, I've often wondered at it's origin, as cows produce just as much manure as bulls, and there is really no difference in content or texture.
    Also, why is it a pejorative at all? Doesn't manure contain fertilizer qualities that facilitate growth?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Also, why is it a pejorative at all? Doesn't manure contain fertilizer qualities that facilitate growth?
      Sure but nobody wants a pile of it in their parlor during a conversation.

Plus your question is clearly from someone who has never had to shovel wheelbarrows full of it in a corral. Trust me, at that time it is an obvious pejorative.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Sure but nobody wants a pile of it in their parlor during a conversation.

Plus your question is clearly from someone who has never had to shovel wheelbarrows full of it in a corral. Trust me, at that time it is an obvious pejorative.
        I've had my own experiences with manure and they are just as valid as yours.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

While yours is perhaps technically correct, I believe the widely accepted spelling is bullshit. This is perhaps my favorite expletive, though as a worker of livestock I have many in my vocabulary. Still, I've often wondered at it's origin, as cows produce just as much manure as bulls, and there is really no difference in content or texture.
          That is all I needed to hear. It's cowshit for me going forward.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• I have often contemplated the expression "chickenshit" as I clean out the backyard coops. Chicken feces is small, insubstantial compared to other types of animal excrement and thus the epithet "chickenshit" connotes unimportance and lack of heft, at times a useful variation on the feces-related insult.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              That's awesome. Aaron Brown who is the high councilman was one of the guys that started the By Commom Consent blog. You have to stay in the Church to make it better.

http://bycommonconsent.com/aaron-b/
              Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Aaron Brown is a great guy. Great sense of humor too.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  Yes, specifically ammonia, which is a source of nitrogen, and phosphate. The benefits of manure really kick in on the second year, when microbes have broken down the organic matter.
                  sigpic
                  "Outlined against a blue, gray
                  October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    Bullshit just sounds tougher than cowshit. I actually like Horse Shit, with an intentional separation of the words when spoken.
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    In my experience growing up on a small farm, bull/cowshit was highly desirable for the fields/home garden while horse shit had almost no practical value (the cow/bull digests every seed while the seeds pass through a horse and cause all sorts of extra weeds if you use it on the garden). Horse shit, as a pejorative, is much worse than bull/cowshit.

Comment

• How come we don't use "pigshit" as a pejorative? It is way worse than all of the above.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        How come we don't use "pigshit" as a pejorative? It is way worse than all of the above.
                        I imagine it is just the result of the relative number of cattle vs pigs in agriculture in England and North America. People just aren't exposed to pigs as much. Plus pig farmers are weird. They sometimes kill people and dispose of the bodies by feeding it to their pigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          How come we don't use "pigshit" as a pejorative? It is way worse than all of the above.
                          I agree 100%. My only real experience on a pig farm was the tour we took of BYU's pig farm in Spanish Fork. My clothes smelled like pigs just from walking through the place, and I had to change and shower when I got home. Also, why do people make a big deal about free range chickens but not pigs?
                          sigpic
                          "Outlined against a blue, gray
                          October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                          Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

I agree 100%. My only real experience on a pig farm was the tour we took of BYU's pig farm in Spanish Fork. My clothes smelled like pigs just from walking through the place, and I had to change and shower when I got home. Also, why do people make a big deal about free range chickens but not pigs?
                            I can't imagine how anyone can live near a pig farm. Horrific smell.

But dang it, those little critters are delicious when smoked and cured.

Comment

• The title of this thread has nothing to do with the names of fecal matter of various animals. I think you guys should knock this Nazishit off, and get back on topic of helping homo's find their equilibrium in Mormon culture.

Is it ok to say homo?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                The title of this thread has nothing to do with the names of fecal matter of various animals. I think you guys should knock this Nazishit off, and get back on topic of helping homo's find their equilibrium in Mormon culture.

Is it ok to say homo?
                                Who is homo? Also, whoever he is, I think you meant to say his rather than their.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X