Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Holy f@#$! Sad news out of Taibei today.

FWIW, from my experience violent crime was/is rare in Taiwan.
    Did you see the video of the mob that was waiting for him at the police station? That's a sign of how abnormal that kind of brutal crime is. BFM, Taipei is a great city, and your daughter will love it. If she's worried about Mandarin, remind her she could be learning Cantonese.
    Not that, sickos.

Comment

• After the missionaries got hurt in Belgium it made me think just a little bit longer about sending a daughter out into the world, but I can't protect them forever. I've been told Taiwan is generally a pretty safe place so that's comforting.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        After the missionaries got hurt in Belgium it made me think just a little bit longer about sending a daughter out into the world, but I can't protect them forever. I've been told Taiwan is generally a pretty safe place so that's comforting.
        All will be well until Trump is elected president, he incites China, and they invade Taiwan. Kidding aside, it can be difficult as a parent when kids go overseas to serve missions. I've been fortunate that my two missionary kids have stayed stateside and the next one will most likely get called to US or Canada due to health issues (Type I diabetic). One of my nephews who returned last year from Taipei said it was a very safe mission.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
          All will be well until Trump is elected president, he incites China, and they invade Taiwan. Kidding aside, it can be difficult as a parent when kids go overseas to serve missions. I've been fortunate that my two missionary kids have stayed stateside and the next one will most likely get called to US or Canada due to health issues (Type I diabetic). One of my nephews who returned last year from Taipei said it was a very safe mission.
          If Trump gets elected he'll make Bill Clinton look like a Boy Scout by the time he's done. Can you imagine the number of backdoor deals Trump could cook up in four short years.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Thus saith the Brethren, missionaries in sunglasses!

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/fait...sunglasses-and

I think I now know why I didn't have any baptisms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Whoa. DNews just blew my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

The instructions urge the elders to "avoid bright-colored hats or hats that are too casual or that may distract from your message. Baseball, cowboy, bucket, newsboy, and fedora hats are not acceptable."
                So I guess straw hats, gardening hats, and fishing hats are about all that are acceptable.
                "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Whoa. DNews just blew my mind.

This is revelation in action. The prophet knows that Hillary will be the next president, and the pant suit will be uber popular. Mormon missionaries are jumping on the trend early.
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                    Didn't you read the intructions? No fedora hats. Especially ones with a feather!
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

We always wore sunglasses. The young frenchies always called us Men in Black.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Whoa. DNews just blew my mind.

You better plug-in; your battery is getting low
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

So I guess straw hats, gardening hats, and fishing hats are about all that are acceptable.
                          Don't be a moron. Top hats. Top hats are the future.

Comment

• A certain Area President who shall remain nameless took away sun glasses, hats, dockers, and backpacks a few months into my mission. It was super practical in the Argentinian jungle.

Comment

Trilbies. Heaven help us all, Trilbies are apparently acceptable (not being a fedora).

Edit: But not for sisters. I saw a picture of a trilby that was on the naughty side for sisters. It was missing on the elder's pictures.
                              Last edited by LVAllen; 05-20-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• My 19 year old female daughter was set apart last night and goes into the MTC today.

Comment

Working...
                                X