Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    Aren't you self employed, what is holding you back?
    Fear that he won't be able to find such convenient, fresh Mexican food.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Filthy lucre. My business is doing really well in Utah. And teenage kids. Hard to move kids at that age.
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

It's all an act, obviously. He probably secretly loves Cafe Rio too.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
          It really is a great program. If we ever escape this state, it's good to know we can still send kids there at the same price.

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
            It really is a great program. If we ever escape this state, it's good to know we can still send kids there at the same price.
            Lol. FM hates everything about Utah. Except for all the things he loves about it.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This new age of social media missionary work is going to prepare our young people for the jobs of the future... I can't wait until my Facebook is overrun with bug spray consultants and MLM opportunists.

In a recent study from LinkedIn it showed that there has been a 1,357 percent increase in social media positions posted on LinkedIn since 2010. I am part of the rise. I started my career as a blogger when I was in the LDS pilot mission for internet proselyting in Rochester, New York. We were encouraged to use both Facebook and blogs to reach those of our faith and of other beliefs. I used well known LDS bloggers as my inspiration: Al Fox, (who was baptized in my mission, known as the tattooed Mormon), NieNie (a brave plane crash survivor), and even the now abandoned Seriously So Blessed blog. It was such an adventure as I continued to blog and see the number of views rise. It was a feeling that I anticipated more than opening presents on Christmas morning. I remember thinking to myself, if only this was a job…

When I returned from New York, I realized that this could be a job! I started to focus my time on learning the ins and outs of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Tumblr, Instagram…the list goes on… so that I could turn this into something profitable. After a month, I received my first phone call to do some freelance blogging for a small company, and then another, and another. It was something I enjoyed. During the first month of my senior year of college I was approached by Don Reiman, a well-known business man in Boise, during one of my visits home. He had heard of my career goals and was interested in offering me an internship. I gladly accepted and started working for Echelon Group. I did about a 1 year internship (not on location) and then was hired on as a full time Social Media Consultant after graduating from Utah State. There were so many that helped me get here and believed in me, and I owe it to them. God works in mysterious ways, but He will use you and your talents in ways that fit you best. If I could go back and talk to my 7th grade teacher, I would have to tell her she was right, I found a career that once did not exist.
              http://lifeofaclarebear.wordpress.co...my-generation/

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfa...owles.html.csp

Lowering the age for Mormon missionaries to 18 (from 19) for young men and to 19 (from 21) for young women swelled the ranks of full-time LDS proselytizers from 58,500 to more than 82,000 in just a year.

The problem, though, is how to keep these zealous young Mormons busy.

"We have too many missionaries to do anything constructive with them under the standard program. It is a crisis and church leaders know it," Jonathan Stapley, a Mormon in Seattle, wrote in October 2013. "It has sucked up the budget and everyone is trying to figure out what to do. It is the biggest logistical, budgetary and perhaps spiritual problem we have right now, and all the general leaders are talking about it because they want to find a solution."
                Yikes. Not too surprising, though.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  In July, our ward went from having 2 missionaries who weren't able to adequately fill their schedules to now having 6 who have absolutely nothing to do. It is sad to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                    In July, our ward went from having 2 missionaries who weren't able to adequately fill their schedules to now having 6 who have absolutely nothing to do. It is sad to watch.
                    same thing here and they are driving me nuts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      My ward had zero baptisms in 2013, 1 person "investigating" currently and will have 4 missionaries instead of 2 at the end of February. We were told that prior to the influx of missionaries our ward would have been shut down, instead we are doubling. Rumors of high baptism wards going from 1-2 companionships to 3-4.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• After reading the article about missionaries, i saw this Op Ed link:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion...tices.html.csp

Thought it was pretty good.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Also, how can missionaries have "nothing to do?" How is that possible?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Also, how can missionaries have "nothing to do?" How is that possible?
                            Because the fallback time filler, door-to-door contacting, is now verboten.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              it is? that is awesome when did that happen? i need to start going to EQ again.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                I don't know if it is verboten, but missionaries these days seem to be loath to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X