I was confronted by a co-worker

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Y84it
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 549

    #1

    I was confronted by a co-worker

    he told me I need to really study the scriptures or I am going to hell.

    He said that because he knows I am a good man and he would hate to see that go to waist.

    I told him that I am pretty confident I am on the right path but I thanked him for his concern.

    Thought I would share.
    ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)
  • byu71
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22070

    #2
    Originally posted by Y84it View Post
    he told me I need to really study the scriptures or I am going to hell.

    He said that because he knows I am a good man and he would hate to see that go to waist.

    I told him that I am pretty confident I am on the right path but I thanked him for his concern.

    Thought I would share.
    Was he evangelical?

    Comment

    • oxcoug
      Dolphins Rape Hipsters
      • Dec 2009
      • 5309

      #3
      Originally posted by Y84it View Post
      he told me I need to really study the scriptures or I am going to hell.

      He said that because he knows I am a good man and he would hate to see that go to waist.

      I told him that I am pretty confident I am on the right path but I thanked him for his concern.

      Thought I would share.
      What state are you in?
      Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

      It can't all be wedding cake.

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37987

        #4
        Originally posted by Y84it View Post
        he told me I need to really study the scriptures or I am going to hell.

        He said that because he knows I am a good man and he would hate to see that go to waist.

        I told him that I am pretty confident I am on the right path but I thanked him for his concern.

        Thought I would share.
        Was it a member of your ward?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • creekster
          It is NOT a monkey!
          • Nov 2008
          • 22661

          #5
          Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
          What state are you in?
          Sin. The state of sin, brother.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25268

            #6
            Originally posted by Y84it View Post
            he told me I need to really study the scriptures or I am going to hell.

            He said that because he knows I am a good man and he would hate to see that go to waist.

            I told him that I am pretty confident I am on the right path but I thanked him for his concern.

            Thought I would share.
            According to your wife, this guy isn't the only one concerned with what's going to your waist.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • falafel
              loves to talk on things
              • Mar 2009
              • 37987

              #7
              Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Sin. The state of sin, brother.
              No, that's the city.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

              Dig your own grave, and save!

              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Y84it
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 549

                #8
                Las Vegas and yes he is evangelical.
                ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

                Comment

                • San Juan Sun
                  Kicked to the curb
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9214

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                  Las Vegas and yes he is evangelical.
                  Tell him you are saved by Grace, and to kindly piss off.
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                  - Ty Cobb

                  Comment

                  • Y84it
                    Junior Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 549

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    According to your wife, this guy isn't the only one concerned with what's going to your waist.
                    Give a guy a break. HS education only. I make lots of mistakes.

                    I also wanted to see if you are still in full lookout for my common mistakes. Well done Donut! Well done!
                    ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #11
                      Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                      Tell him you are saved by Grace, and to kindly piss off.
                      No kidding. Which is it, Evangelicals?
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #12
                        Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                        Tell him you are saved by Grace, and to kindly piss off.
                        I do what I can.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • SuperGabers
                          aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                          • May 2009
                          • 2182

                          #13
                          I would be lying if I didn't say that the saturation of Evangellys in our town contributed a small amount to my disaffection. Those people are wack.

                          Comment

                          • Topper
                            Pre-Historic Man
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 11764

                            #14
                            Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                            I would be lying if I didn't say that the saturation of Evangellys in our town contributed a small amount to my disaffection. Those people are wack.
                            If you tend to disbelieve meeting with an evangelical will complete the transition.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                            Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                            Comment

                            • Art Vandelay
                              Striving for mediocrity
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 10516

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                              I would be lying if I didn't say that the saturation of Evangellys in our town contributed a small amount to my disaffection. Those people are wack.
                              disaffection with mormonism or God in general?

                              Comment

                              Working...