Being redacted

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • All-American
    Right, as Usual
    • Nov 2008
    • 15671

    #1

    Being redacted

    I hate it when you go to all the trouble of saying something clever only to be misquoted later.

    That is all.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #2
    Originally posted by All-American View Post
    I hate it when you go to all the trouble of saying something clever only to be misquoted later.

    That isn't all.
    Being revaccinated would've been a better one.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      Originally posted by All-American View Post
      I hate it when you go to all the trouble of saying something clever only to be misquoted later.

      That is all.
      How would you know the feeling?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15671

        #4
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        How would you know the feeling?
        From the various clever things I say from day to day.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #5
          Originally posted by All-American View Post
          From the various clever things I say from day to day.
          I was unaware. These must be severe misquotes we are talking about.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • All-American
            Right, as Usual
            • Nov 2008
            • 15671

            #6
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            I was unaware. These must be severe misquotes we are talking about.
            Well, to be sure, I am not anywhere near the DDD level of cleverness output, where I can hardly walk down the street without stepping in a steaming pile of clever. Hence, it is troubling when the cleverness is incorrectly reported. Were I consistently bringinig the funny like DDD, a misquote would be no problem at all. I would simply say another funny thing. As it is, I can do little more than cherish each ounce of clever upon which I may thrust my non-DDD hands.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #7
              Originally posted by All-American View Post
              Well, to be sure, I am not anywhere near the DDD level of cleverness output, where I can hardly walk down the street without stepping in a steaming pile of clever. Hence, it is troubling when the cleverness is incorrectly reported. Were I consistently bringinig the funny like DDD, a misquote would be no problem at all. I would simply say another funny thing. As it is, I can do little more than cherish each ounce of clever upon which I may thrust my non-DDD hands.
              I'm sensing sarcasm.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • All-American
                Right, as Usual
                • Nov 2008
                • 15671

                #8
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                I'm sensing sarcasm.
                Only a little.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                Comment

                Working...