Suspension of Commandments

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Topper
    Pre-Historic Man
    • Nov 2011
    • 11764

    #1

    Suspension of Commandments

    If you were mighty Ruler of the Universe and could capriciously and arbitrarily suspend one Commandment for a Solar Day, which commandment would it be, choose one or list one of your own
    22
    Golden Rule
    4.55%
    1
    Thou Shalt Not Kill
    18.18%
    4
    Thou Shalt Not Offend a Librarian
    4.55%
    1
    Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Wife
    18.18%
    4
    Thou Shalt Not Steal
    0.00%
    0
    Word of Wisdom
    13.64%
    3
    Thou Shalt Not Vote Democrat in Utah
    13.64%
    3
    Thou Shalt Not Flip Off Your Superviser
    9.09%
    2
    Thou Shalt Not Wear Paisley to Work
    4.55%
    1
    Thou Shalt be nice to fat girls and boys
    13.64%
    3
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69716

    #2
    Hang in there, Topper. Your wedding day will arrive soon enough.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • All-American
      Right, as Usual
      • Nov 2008
      • 15666

      #3
      I'd make the day longer.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

      Comment

      • clackamascoug
        Banned
        • Dec 2009
        • 9709

        #4
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Hang in there, Topper. Your wedding day will arrive soon enough.
        Now that was funny...

        Comment

        • Topper
          Pre-Historic Man
          • Nov 2011
          • 11764

          #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Hang in there, Topper. Your wedding day will arrive soon enough.
          Practice makes perfect. No reason to rush anything.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

          Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #6
            The proscription of idolatry and I would suspend it on the last day of AI voting.

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #7
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              The proscription of idolatry
              That's not even on the list, dummy.

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #8
                Originally posted by Topper View Post
                If you were mighty Ruler of the Universe and could capriciously and arbitrarily suspend one Commandment for a Solar Day, which commandment would it be, choose one or list one of your own
                ....

                Originally posted by Babs View Post
                That's not even on the list, dummy.
                Reading comprehension, Babs.

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #9
                  Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  ....



                  Reading comprehension, Babs.
                  Oops. I didn't see that post. Nevermind. Carry on. Just remember that you can only cast ten votes per idol.

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    Oops. I didn't see that post. Nevermind. Carry on. Just remember that you can only cast ten votes per idol.
                    You should apologize for calling me a dummy.

                    Comment

                    • Topper
                      Pre-Historic Man
                      • Nov 2011
                      • 11764

                      #11
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      You should apologize for calling me a dummy.
                      Nobody picked not offending a librarian.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                      Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #12
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        You should apologize for calling me a dummy.
                        I'm sorry I told everybody you're a dummy.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69716

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          Nobody picked not offending a librarian.
                          Duh. That's not a sin.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Topper
                            Pre-Historic Man
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 11764

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Duh. That's not a sin.
                            It's a duty or privilege? I'm trying to decide.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                            Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                            Comment

                            • UtahDan
                              *
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14496

                              #15
                              For me it is clearly Deuteronomy 13:13-19. Haven't the children of Belial had enough?

                              Comment

                              Working...