No announcement yet.

Boy Scouts reviewing Ban on Gays ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at scout camp last week. If I had to judge by one of the camp leaders I'd have to think that gays are already serving in the Boy Scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      I was at scout camp last week. If I had to judge by one of the camp leaders I'd have to think that gays are already serving in the Boy Scouts.
      Until I see gays in our military I remain skeptical.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

After a confidential two-year review, the Boy Scouts of America on Tuesday emphatically reaffirmed its policy of excluding gays, ruling out any changes despite relentless protest campaigns by some critics.

An 11-member special committee, formed discreetly by top Scout leaders in 2010, "came to the conclusion that this policy is absolutely the best policy for the Boy Scouts," the organization' national spokesman, Deron Smith, told The Associated Press.
        http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/17...m-ban-on-gays/

Comment

Crap.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Makes me unhappy on many levels.

Comment

The quote said "reaffirmed its policy of excluding gays," but gays are only excluded from being adult leaders, right? Is that the policy they are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                The quote said "reaffirmed its policy of excluding gays," but gays are only excluded from being adult leaders, right? Is that the policy they are talking about?
                I could be wrong, but I believe openly gay scouts are verboten as well. I know they don't allow atheist scouts. How strictly this is enforced probably depends largely on where you live.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I could be wrong, but I believe openly gay scouts are verboten as well. I know they don't allow atheist scouts. How strictly this is enforced probably depends largely on where you live.
                  There are no atheists in a snipe hunt. Too soon?
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    My nonmember colleague used to be heavily involved in scouts. His troup was non-denominational. They had a volunteer that would coach the atheist scouts on how to answer the belief questions at a court of honor. He told me there was one scout that openly said 'no' to a belief of God question at his court of honor. They either called it off or reconvened it for a later date. Meanwhile, this volunteer offered his help. They somehow crafted an acceptable response that involved a love/belief in nature/God's creation.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Comment

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

This outcome tells you the LDS church hasn't changed a much as some of you hope.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            I wonder which commandment it was that James Morrison Jr. couldn't keep?
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              I wonder which commandment it was that James Morrison Jr. couldn't keep?
                              Being morally straight
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                                Being morally straight
                                Speaking of Scouts, I remember a great joke from Boy's Life Magazine.

Q: What did the Scoutmaster say when he picked his car up from the mechanic?
                                A: Beep. Repaired!
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X