Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    lol @ Stalking.

They actually brought that one back for 2010 as Tracking. I know a couple of kids that did it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If the Boy Scouts are serious about keeping homosexuals away, they should forget the policies and focus their time revisiting the uniform: mid thigh length shorts, knee high socks, berets, epaulettes, scarves, brightly colored patches and beads, belt ornaments.....the entire outfit is an overdose of sartorial pheromones for gay men. Would you get upset at the hummingbird for hanging around your bird feeder that is filled with sweet fruity nectar?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        If the Boy Scouts are serious about keeping homosexuals away, they should forget the policies and focus their time revisiting the uniform: mid thigh length shorts, knee high socks, berets, epaulettes, scarves, brightly colored patches and beads, belt ornaments.....the entire outfit is an overdose of sartorial pheromones for gay men. Would you get upset at the hummingbird for hanging around your bird feeder that is filled with sweet fruity nectar?
        3D stereotyping gays. Not unlike he thinks all blacks would rather have an NBA team than a great symphony orchestra in their town.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          lol @ Stalking.

They actually brought that one back for 2010 as Tracking. I know a couple of kids that did it.
          One of my sons earned the Tracking MB a couple of years ago when it was brought back for 2010 only. Now I'm disappointed it didn't keep its original name of Stalking. That would have been cool.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            3D stereotyping gays. Not unlike he thinks all blacks would rather have an NBA team than a great symphony orchestra in their town.
            All Blacks prefer rugby.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              That would be truly silly. Why would New Zealand rugby players want an NBA team?
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                All Blacks prefer rugby.
                @#%$. Beat me to it.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

This reminds me of a Letterman Top 10 list of "Least Popular Merit Badges", with a few comprising a salute to gay stereotyping:

10. Spit craft
                  9. Sitting in fire
                  8. Judy Garland lore
                  7. Throat clearing
                  6. Shallow grave maintenance
                  5. Afternoon with Linda Lavin
                  4. Trouser tenting
                  3. Gatlin brother identification
                  2. Heimliching squirrels
                  1. Choreography

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    Since this is a rated-R movie I'll once again explain your reference since I'm sure you haven't seen the film. This is from the movie Gran Torino.

You're welcome.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      @#%$. Beat me to it.
                      Also, I had a better response.
                      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                        LOL @ Nut Culture & Fruit Culture
                        Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                        - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                        - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          Since this is a rated-R movie I'll once again explain your reference since I'm sure you haven't seen the film. This is from the movie Gran Torino.

You're welcome.
                          I Googled "get off my lawn."
                          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            I disagree with your amendment. Scouting--even as administered in non-LDS troops--is an antiquated system that hasn't kept up with the times, despite its efforts to do just that.
                            Stop it! It is the Lord's Anointed's chosen program for young men. If there was anything wrong with it, the Lord would have told his Anointed over breakfast or something. The fact that he hasn't means there is nothing wrong Scouting. Get in line! You apostate!

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                            I disagree. Until recently I was on the board of our council (the token Mormon). I didn't enjoy the job -- it was all about fund-raising -- but I can tell you Scouting is very focused on adapting to the times. In our area a lot of very effective things are being done, but not with the LDS troops because our system is so unique, compared to the rest of Scouting. (Also, we change and adapt verrrry slowly.)
                            It is impossible for other troops to remain relevant and change in beneficial ways while we are frozen in a moribund embrace of 1950's America. If this were true, you would expect to see a slavish devotion to the 1950s in other aspects of the Church. Like our dress requirements or expectations for hair and grooming or hyminal or political outlook and policy preferences. . . oh nevermind.

This is the Lord's Church! He is at its head! Our system is unique because it is the only true and living system on the face of the earth with which the Lord is well pleased. He is unpleased with all these innovations. If God wanted innovations, he would have someone younger than 80 be his President of the Corporation/Prophet, Seer, Revelator. (Is he a Seer under the BofM defination?--Don't get distracted! Just believe!) God doesn't want innovations. Stay the course, do what is right (traditional, from the 1950s) let the consequence follow. All together now, in the minor chord, "Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet, He knows the way. . . "

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            This reminds me of a Letterman Top 10 list of "Least Popular Merit Badges", with a few comprising a salute to gay stereotyping:

10. Spit craft
                            9. Sitting in fire
                            8. Judy Garland lore
                            7. Throat clearing
                            6. Shallow grave maintenance
                            5. Afternoon with Linda Lavin
                            4. Trouser tenting
                            3. Gatlin brother identification
                            2. Heimliching squirrels
                            1. Choreography
                            :rockon2: The master has spoken.

(Who is Sister Lavin?)

BTW you will appreciate that I am good friends with a guy who just found out that he had a secret cousin (grandma had adoption baby, big family secret) who is the mother of Dita Von Tease and just enjoyed her burlesque show in Vegas a few weekends ago. And because Sister Dita was married to Marilyn Manson, you are now only five degrees of separation from Mr. Manson: PAC->Rambam->Rambam's buddy->cousin/mom of Dita->Dita->Manson. Yeah! I thought that would make your day.
                            A Mormon president could make a perfectly patriotic, competent, inspiring leader. But not Mitt Romney. He is a husked void. --David Javerbaum

Comment

Originally posted by The Rambam View Post
                              BTW you will appreciate that I am good friends with a guy who just found out that he had a secret cousin (grandma had adoption baby, big family secret) who is the mother of Dita Von Tease and just enjoyed her burlesque show in Vegas a few weekends ago. And because Sister Dita was married to Marilyn Manson, you are now only five degrees of separation from Mr. Manson: PAC->Rambam->Rambam's buddy->cousin/mom of Dita->Dita->Manson. Yeah! I thought that would make your day.
                              Did you say something after Dita Von Tease? I got distracted...
                              Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                              - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                              - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

There has been some BSA emails circulating recently about the following...

PORTLAND, Oregon (Reuters) - The Oregon Supreme Court on Thursday ordered the release of 20,000 pages of confidential Boy Scouts of America records, dubbed the "perversion files," documenting suspected or confirmed sexual abuse by the group's leaders and volunteers.

The state high court ruled that the names of the victims and those who reported abuse be redacted before the six cartons of documents are made available to the public. Attorneys said it was not immediately clear whether the identities of accused perpetrators would remain secret.

[...]

Last year, four Oregon men sued the Boy Scouts in separate cases for more than $5 million each over childhood sexual abuse they say they suffered at the hands of a known pedophile who was their scoutmaster in the 1970s.
                                Wasn't that scoutmaster LDS?
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X